I was planning on buying strings, as my previous thread stated, but I have a question about gagues.

I plan on purchasing Cleartone EMP strings for my Acoustic, but I have a slight problem with choosing a gauge.

There is a 11-52, 12-53, and 13-56. Are light ones better to use, or will it have a softer sound than the heavy gauge?

Any help will be appreciated, thanks.
Daffodils for Delilah.
Acoustic EP.
Quote by xkorean
I was planning on buying strings, as my previous thread stated, but I have a question about gagues.

I plan on purchasing Cleartone EMP strings for my Acoustic, but I have a slight problem with choosing a gauge.

There is a 11-52, 12-53, and 13-56. Are light ones better to use, or will it have a softer sound than the heavy gauge?

Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

Thicker strings have better tone.
I'd probably go with the 12-53's though.
Heavier Guages = Harder bending, tenser strings.

Your Choice!
UG RPG - Big Band Jazz Group
Buckethead4Prez - String Bass

PM me to Join
Quote by Buckethead4Prez
Heavier Guages = Harder bending, tenser strings.

Your Choice!

Harder bending?
Lighter gauges = Bending feels easier except you have to bend farther to get to the same note
Quote by mattyyy
Thicker strings have better tone.
I'd probably go with the 12-53's though.

I was also thinking picking the middle gauge.

Thanks guys.
Daffodils for Delilah.
Acoustic EP.
Quote by mattyyy
Harder bending?
Lighter gauges = Bending feels easier except you have to bend farther to get to the same note

umm the distance it takes to hit the note is the same....
Quote by mattyyy
Harder bending?

RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?