Is this song even possible to play???? Scuttlebuttin' by SRV. Should I even try learning it? I can play Pride and Joy, Texas Flood, etc.... but this??? Can anyone here play it?
I can play most of it. Is it possible to play it note for note without any mistakes? Yes. Very much. Is it possible to play it as powerfully as SRV? Doubtfully.
Nevermind. I just tried playing it again, and I breezed through it without too much trouble. It's funny how you remember a song being hard, but then you play it a year later and you're like.. "Dude, I ****ing blew hard". However, it's a really good song, and I won't say it's easy.
Quote by God Am
Nevermind. I just tried playing it again, and I breezed through it without too much trouble. It's funny how you remember a song being hard, but then you play it a year later and you're like.. "Dude, I ****ing blew hard". However, it's a really good song, and I won't say it's easy.

Yeah man! I was that way with Pride and Joy... I just couldn't get it down. It took a lot of practice to get that *CLICK* dun *CLICK* dun *CLICK* dun *CLICK* to go just right. I came back to it one morning weeks later and I learned it in like 20 minutes. There are just some songs that are easy but you can't play them, too. It's just that main lick in Scuttlebuttin' that's getting me. It doesn't seem like a far reach though.

Quote by yoyohomieg5432
i envy you, im not fast enough for texas flood yet.. which tab did you learn it from?

I learned it from all the tabs on this site, but I think the power tab that has 5 stars was the best one. You just have to get that pentatonic soloing down and learn his little tricks, then it's a breeze.
Get this little move down:

e-----12------------
b---12---15--12-----
g-14(bu)--------14----
d------------------
a------------------
e------------------

edit: Oh... and is it me or are SRV's songs on Couldn't Stand the Weather way harder than the songs on Texas Flood?
Last edited by fr0zt at Jul 10, 2006,
I didn't think Scuttle Buttin was that hard. It wasn't what he played, it was how he played it.
They have it tabbed in Guitar Player. If you'd like I can tab it for you tomorrow.
It was tabbed in Guitar Player. If you'd like I can tab it for you tomorrow. I just need an email address.