woot!!!1111!!! Joel gets a Big Muff and i get a Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory and omg how crazy am i about this pedal it freaking rules and if it gets stolen im going to hunt that mofo down and get the pedal back.

yeh so this thread is basically to post up clips of us playing with the pedal and reviewing it and answering any questions you have on the pedal. so Joel can post his review then i can do mine since im a bit lazy
incase pedal didn't get this we both bought fuzz pedals. and this thread can be a way to compare and contrast them.

so the pedal i bought is the Russian Big Muff Pi. it retails for $169 AUS. first impressions were "**** this thing is huge'. for me i love how big it is, after all it is a big muff. the sound can range from completely fuzzed out noise (tone at full left) and a metal style gain, with plenty of edge (tone full to the right). the sweet spot for me is the tone at about 2/3 of the way to the right. its just bright enough to be used for chording. and just bassy enough to give smooth leads. for aussies the tone would be like 'woman' by wolfmother. and for anyone else (not sure if wolfmother gets played over there) is a nice white stripes and qotsa style fuzz. very well priced pedal.

i'll have clips up soon. its sounds excellent thru my marshall. my marshall just needs a retube.

let the questions begin....
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Last edited by joel_grieve at Jul 9, 2006,
quick review from another forum
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
well i just received this pedal after being sent from shane and holy**** does this thing kick ****ing balls arse. even though its plugged into a little 15 watt practice it still is ****ing good but i betcha that when its plugged into a tube amp its a completely different story.

Price paid: was $290aud with shipping included 10/10

Features: 5 knobs control different parameters you can find anything from soft fuzz, to velcro fuzz, to just feedback at different pitch 10/10

Sound quality: like said before playing through 15 watt sounded good but still need to play through tube amp 8/10

Reliability: looking at it i probably wouldnt chuck it but a drop from waist height couldnt hurt it too much 10/10

Customer support: dont know bout zvex but i heard that they answer back usually within an hour n/a

Overall Rating: this thing is the best fuzz available for me at the moment and i wouldnt need to get another fuzz for a while. 9/10

Photots:

jealous yet bitches, though im now in need of a pair of earplugs before i go deaf from the ****ing feedback though its really cool if you have a killswitch aswell cos everything just everything becomes double ****ing cool.

alright thats my review of a pedal that i didnt even know i could get from Shane but this is cool and well worth the wait.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so sound wise this thing can fuzz it up and sorta add like an octave above which gets a bit weird also can turn any note you play into feedback which is ****ing crazy cos you can dial in the exact pitch of your feedback.

so yeh i may post up clips today or tomorow depending on how lazy i am. so feel free to ask questions
Quote by joel_grieve
the sweet spot for me is the tone at about 2/3 of the way to the right. its just bright enough to be used for chording. and just bassy enough to give smooth leads. for aussies the tone would be like 'woman' by wolfmother. and for anyone else (not sure if wolfmother gets played over there) is a nice white stripes and qotsa style fuzz. very well priced pedal.

Same for me, it's an amazing pedal, I love it sooooo much, rather versitile aswell.

And Wolfmother! Yea, you can really get their sounds from it, play Love Train, see what I mean, it's just right in there.

Glad you like it then! Mine is growing even more on me now, and it makes your tone so thick.

And the Fuzz Factory sounds immense, I really need to try one out some day, when I can find out where they stock them, dammit!
Have you looked through that list of settings for it yet? I saw it on HC sometime, and there's like..... 50 different sounds people can get out of it.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
man muffs rock. and my amp sounds the same as it used to but it takes like an hour to warm up enough. new tubes soon. very soon
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Quote by R_H_C_P
Same for me, it's an amazing pedal, I love it sooooo much, rather versitile aswell.

And Wolfmother! Yea, you can really get their sounds from it, play Love Train, see what I mean, it's just right in there.

Glad you like it then! Mine is growing even more on me now, and it makes your tone so thick.

And the Fuzz Factory sounds immense, I really need to try one out some day, when I can find out where they stock them, dammit!
Have you looked through that list of settings for it yet? I saw it on HC sometime, and there's like..... 50 different sounds people can get out of it.

wheres the list. and you live in america right
phil, oh man thats really cool. but wow too much money for me.
you must have robbed little old ladies or something.

and joel, ive looked at the russian, big freaking thing. really nice pedal.
im always looking to add to my small board. thanks for the heads up guys.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
cool. I'm not too fond of fuzz, though...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
SOUND CLIPS WHEN YOU GET IT!

UG has now officially been obsessed with fuzz pedals these past two weeks. Everyone is buying them and everyone else is building them.

EDIT: Except Dave_MC
Quote by jj1565
phil, oh man thats really cool. but wow too much money for me.
you must have robbed little old ladies or something.

and joel, ive looked at the russian, big freaking thing. really nice pedal.
im always looking to add to my small board. thanks for the heads up guys.

actually lets see i went without spending money on anything for me for 15 weeks straight just to get the pedal. it was freaking crazy but well worth it very much. http://www.musictoyz.com/guitar/pedals/zvex1.php should set you americans back about $170 usd so you dont have it that bad quick conversion and its 227aud so yeh thats still cheap
this thread is worthless to me till i can hear sound clips.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
yeh i will try and get them up as soon as tomorow but im pretty much busy tomorow (have to go do music stuff at school on my birthday during the school holidays) and also thursday due to meeting up with friends in the city. so if its not done tomorow it will be done on wednesday or you can kill me
Quote by azn_guitarist25
wheres the list. and you live in america right

Good ol' England.

And....2nd post down, the attatchment's there. Ooo yea, there's a loooot of settings.
http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1247020&highlight=fuzz+factory+settings
Don't be afraid to care"

^Cool, I'll have to try one out first! And I'm v happy with my fuzzyness at the mo, but I'll save it for the future!
Don't be afraid to care"

well i recorded some sounds but i havent uploaded from my mp3 player to the comp let alone heard it. so it may get uploaded tomorow but im busy again so friday or else this thread can burn in hell