ok guys well i have had my ibanez GSR190 which is an excellent bass and i've had it for just over two years now and it still sounds good but i want to replace the strings to make it sound better so yeah i know dick about strings tho so if u guys could help me out, give me the brand and the price my range is really anything right now.
Ibanez GSR190 Bass
Ibanez IBZ10B amp

Ibanez GAX30
Boss DS-1 Distortion
you havent changed the strings in 2 years? must have some great tone to em... haha. ernie ball arent bad strings.
Quote by SchecterFreak
like i said..i feel like a dumass... oh!!! man you are refering to your abreviated name wow..i really feel stupid *blushes* god... sorry USHO.

man i feel like a **** now...
lol yeah i kinda didnt think that it isnt a big deal i played it a lot when i first got it of course and then i kinda slowly played less and less until like last summer so this past year ive been playing it a lot so yeah it actually sounds real good believe it or not but yeah any other suggestions ppl?
Ibanez GSR190 Bass
Ibanez IBZ10B amp

Ibanez GAX30
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Last edited by ibanezbass27 at Jul 10, 2006,
on my red ibanez gsr190, I have Peacock Blue DR Extra Life strings... They look cool and I love them.
"The poor didn't want this one."
I use Ernie Ball Hybrid Slinkys, they get the sound I want... probably be a bit of experimentation until you find which set of strings suits your sound best.

EDIT: These are about $50-60 Australian. I have bought a couple of sets off eBay for about $10-15 less.
Last edited by guyisasexybeast at Jul 10, 2006,
I have a question:

What about the different guage, what does it affect most and how does it help?

EDIT: On my Encore (fretted), i have Encore Lights, only cos i get them free.

On my Encore (frettless), i have fender flats, They have really nice tone, so im planing on getting some for my Fretted. the flats cost £10
Quote by IndianRockStar
The bass SHOULD cover the bottom end at the very least.

70's MOD Jazz->
BOSS LMB-3->
Hartke HA3500->
GENZ-BENZ NEOx 2x12->
Last edited by pandathe3 at Jul 10, 2006,
Try Curt Mangan strings, I think they're really good. They're really bright, but well rounded.
Quote by Bumper
Try Curt Mangan strings, I think they're really good. They're really bright, but well rounded.

yes but you have an endorsement, so be quiet you

I like rotosound, quite tough on fingers but a good sound nonetheless.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
Quote by Forcemaster
yes but you have an endorsement, so be quiet you .

Yeah, but if I didn't really like them then I'd play something else.......maybe.......No, I wouldn't....it's hard to get cheap six string sets.
did I miss the story of your endorsement? eh?
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
^My entire band got a Curt Mangan endorsment shortly after I joined. I can get a set of six string bass strings for roughly $12. The same company sponsors a few famous people like Reliant K and Bill Kirchin (Commander Cody and the Lost Planet Airmen....awesome band....).
the GSR190 is a very decent bass, in it's price range, (under $200). i use, and recommend, Rotosound Swingbass 66's (45-105). they cost around $20 at GC. they will occasionally run a buy one, get one free. i replace my strings about 4 times a year. no bass string will sound good for 2 years.

an endorsment usually refers to getting paid to play a specific brand, or at the very least, getting the product for free.
^Well I get everything at a drastically reduced price, six string sets of bass strings are about $12, acoustic guitar strings are $2, banjo strings are about the same. I've never bought any other strings than those, so I don't know what it would cost for me to buy electric guitar strings, or mandolin strings, but I think $2 for guitar strings is a pretty damn good deal.