Hey guys I'm looking into a new guitar. Preferably, I want a guitar with a single humbucker. Not two... just one. The reason is because I was at my friends and he has a Gibson LP Junior with 1 Gibson Dirty Fingerz Pickup and it sounded amazing. Even through my S****y amp! So I was thinking of going for the same idea but my limit is probably in the area of 400 or so because the new pickup I'm getting is 100 with shipping. So any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
just put the dirty finders pickup in the bridge humbucker position of your guitar and only use that, or since teh Gibson LP Junior is made of a mahognay body and a mahogany set-neck you could get an Epiphone G-400 which has those specs and put the dirty fingers in the bridge position of that
yea two pickups are the way to go as I've noticed doing research thanks guys. I'm at a dilema now. I'm thinking the Epihone Dot or the Deluxe Version. Do you know which has a better rock tones? Once again thanks
There are 2 problems with this.
1. The guitar had 1 pickup because it could only fit one pickup because it was a junior.
2. You just like the pickup. You'd like it if you swapped those pups into a squire bullet.
Quote by ilikesteak
There are 2 problems with this.
1. The guitar had 1 pickup because it could only fit one pickup because it was a junior.
2. You just like the pickup. You'd like it if you swapped those pups into a squire bullet.

1. your so smart
2. no you wouldnt. a) the woods are very much different
b) the neck joints are different so transfer of sounds are different