Quote by DieGarbageMan
i can become erect whilst displeasing women

What a talented person.
Oh your God.
Be more specific.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
don't just buy a halfstack if you dont need it. So many people think that there the coolest thing in the world and that if they have a halfstack they'll be the best. I think its pointless buying a halfstack for anything but larger gigs
Signature
We really need your music style though. Recto style go for the B-52 AT212 combo. You can always get a 212 combo later. If you want a more vintage sound, look into Fender tube amps or maybe a Vox AC30. There aren't many nice tube stacks for $800. The only tube stack new you could actually get is a Peavey Valveking stack which is pretty good but you will need an OD for metal.
one word

COMBO

Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

Look at it this way, if you buy a halfstack, there is not alot to choose from in that price range, therefore you would not be able to get the best possible sound from your amp. If you look at a combo however, you will have many more choices to choose from, and there will be combos that will do your style very well. Basically, if you want a HS in that range, you would have to compromise sound for look. (What everyone has always said, I just figured I'd go a different way with it.)

300 Bucks...

500 Bucks...

800 bucks plus shipping...
Secondhand will get you even further.

or!

That's a little over your price range, but secondhand it would probably fit right in.
well i am getting a Randall RX120DHS, its a halfstack, 120watts, and its costs 900 canadian so probly 30 bucks in the u.s...acually its lik 700 i doo belive, also 900 candian is after taxes
Lamb Of God
Quote by Rocker...sorta
well i am getting a Randall RX120DHS, its a halfstack, 120watts, and its costs 900 canadian so probly 30 bucks in the u.s...acually its lik 700 i doo belive, also 900 candian is after taxes

No

Its 500 here.

Its solid state.

Tube combo > SS stack
threadstarteR =

Snootch to the NOOB

YOU DON'T NEED A HALFSTACK, IT WILL BE THE EXACT SAME AS A COMBO, ONLY ****TIER AND YOU'LL LOOK LIKE A TOOL. GET A TUBE COMBO! NOT A HALFSTACK.

COMPRENDE?
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Hey dude it's your money, do what you want. I like the Valve King and the 2x12's idea... You'll have penty of power to play a gig!!! If you want to play loud then go for it.
I almost made the same mistake, saving up for a MG half stack. Good thing my dad said "When is the last time you played in front of thousands of people in a big stadium?" I realized I am not even performing, so I wanted a tube amp. ANd now I have one, and I got it used for free. Always think of it this way- It not the last amp you will ever have, so it doesnt have to be perfect.