I was just searching around my area and some guy has a Peavey Bandit 112 up for grabs at $75.

Anyone know how well this amp is...iknow i trust peavey and will only be using this amp for home use.

everything from pop-clean/distortion-rock

Thanks for any and all info
i dont mind these amps... infact they are quite nice. i like the blues and rock on em
Founder Of The "Jimmy Page Stole All Of My Potential Riffs" Club PM To Join!.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Meh, I usually just buy them off the local shaman, unless I'm in the wilderness, where I rely on raw meat to raise my HP.
My old amp was the smaller version of that. Not a bad little amp. You will need a distortion pedal for metal though. I think that I would stick with the microcube.
If it's the Bandit Transtube, then jump on that shìt ASAP. It's a fantastic amp for the price. IMO, when it comes to solid state amps, the Bandit is easily the best sounding, most reliable, and best-equipped amp in that price range.

If it's an older 80s Bandit, then as long as you have a good distortion / multi-fx pedal or, then it's ok. Otheriwise, forgtet about it.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
I have a boss DS1 im modding next week for it...i also have a wah pedal for now

all the info i have on nthe amp is this

A very well used Peavey Combo Amp - solid state with a 1x12 inch speaker. Some tears and scratches in the housing, and definitely needs to be dusted, but works fine and makes a great practice amp. For all the specifics, check out: http://www.gbaudio.co.uk/data/bandit112.htm

The footswitch is NOT included, but I do have the original owners' manual. Due to it's weight, obviously pick-up only

oh and a photo
Last edited by moody07747 at Jul 10, 2006,
That is one of the old 80s Bandits. Not really the greatest of amps, but VERY loud and a very clean signal. I used to use one of these in conjunction with a Marshall 9004 SS preamp and a Digitech RP-1 processor, and got some great sounds. On it's own though, it's not that great. Worth the $75 though, that's for sure.

But these things are built like tanks. I dropped this amp on a flight of stairs. The amp tumbled down abotu a dozen stairs to come crashign down on the concrete basement floor below. The amp housing was coming apart at the joints (nothing a hammer and finishing nails couldn't repair, but the amp still worked like new. They're practically indestructible.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor