Howdy I just need some help with the bleeding mascara intro.

Can someone just explain the sweeping technique involved to play it. Just use the first bar and explain fingering, when to lift/put down fingers, picking motion/direction etc. please.

No "Read the lessons" please for god's sake!!

In advance, Cheers!!

First bar:

|------------13--17--13-------------13--17--13-------|
|-------15----------------15-----15----------------15---|
|--14-------------------------14--------------------------|
|-----------------------------------------------------------|
Mate why do you bother...i've seen yours posts, most of them are short snappy unhelpful sentences of no use to the thread starter...please, stop irritating me.
all you do is pla the notes as fast as a chord but as soon as you hit the note mute it with your hand so you dont have any two notes at the same time
my gear:
ibanez rg 320fm
ibanez 1982 blazer custom
washburn mirage standard
vantage acoustic
Fender Deville tube amp
1977 les paul standard
^2 posts^I agree...

My guess is that he doesn't play it that way, why would anyone play a sweep like that if you can sweep it easier (imo)

I haven't got a clue about tab tags, so I'll try to explain it :
19th fret D-string
19th fret G-string
18th fret B-string
17th fret e-string

up and down, should sound the same...the only problem is you can't have chubby fingers because the fret are quite small in that area
Last edited by JorisBlack at Jul 10, 2006,

^   ^     ^ h   p     v   v   ^  ^ h   p    v
|------------13--17--13-------------13--17--13-------|
|-------15----------------15-----15-------------15---|
|--14-------------------------14---------------------|
|----------------------------------------------------|
    2    3    1   4   1    3   2  3  1   4   1   3

h = hammer on
p = pull off
^ = downstroke
v = upstroke
1 = index finger
2 = middle ifnger
3 = ring finger
4 = pinky

thats how i would play it
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

haha yeh fun. and apparently ive gotta go to school on my birthday. (its also the school holidays for me)
How do you know I'm a noob? Maybe im a classical player who has been playing for 25 years and has started to take up metal...just maybe.

All I asked was a simple question -- and it was answered by NovemberRain, thank you -- you didn't need to be a smart arse.

I think you are having a bad day, boy.
Quote by dm08
How do you know I'm a noob? Maybe im a classical player who has been playing for 25 years and has started to take up metal...just maybe.

All I asked was a simple question -- and it was answered by NovemberRain, thank you -- you didn't need to be a smart arse.

I think you are having a bad day, boy.

mate i think your having a bad day. i just asked a simple question which could of been answered by a yes or no not by retaliation. and i wasnt being a smart arse i was asking a question and usually i miss the question mark for laziness so mate no harsh feelings or anything
hey dude, I tried to help too!

but yeah, Phil, you have to stop posting so many short posts with little information...just look at the last poster in each thread here in the Electric Guitar forum, you're in it a ****ing lot!
It's good that you want to help everyone, but sometimes you just don't...
Quote by azn_guitarist25
have you seen the videos explained about sweep picking

hahaha oh **** my bad. you're right mate!
Quote by JorisBlack
hey dude, I tried to help too!

but yeah, Phil, you have to stop posting so many short posts with little information...just look at the last poster in each thread here in the Electric Guitar forum, you're in it a ****ing lot!
It's good that you want to help everyone, but sometimes you just don't...

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6117113&postcount=2
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6117102&postcount=20

ok i will admit that some are spam but we usually need as much info as we can before anything else.

edit:
Quote by dm08
hahaha oh **** my bad. you're right mate!

haha what did you think i said? (see i put the question mark in for safety)
THANKYOU JORISBLACK FOR YA HELP!!

Sorry forgot to put down ya name buddy.
haha nice one. i thought you were being a smart arse cos i said: no 'look in the lessons'.
yeh. so can you get the technique have you tried the cyber fret website. its just really a practice then speed up technique imo
JorisBlack: that way is soo much easier!! haha should have worked that out myself...but i still have to learn to do it the other way though, cos it'll come up somewhere -- for example MoP 2nd solo...kinda the same thing but it goes 12 to 17 i thinik, ahh cant remember.

azn_guitarist: how long did it take you to build your sweep picking up to bleeding mascara do you think?? -- hours?
well really havent done it in a while with me mainly doing classical music. but last i was doing 4 string sweeps from bout 5 hours work. if i were to do that intro i dont know why but i may guess probably good 1/2 hour just to work it
alright thanks mate. i play classical piano -- good ****.
yeh, im currently studying the works of Fransesco Tarrega, Mozart and Beethoven for my exams next year
Nice. I am starting the 3rd movement of Moonlight Sonata -- Beethoven later this year. Download it -- some serious shiit!!!

BTW...how do you submit tabs made under Power Tab, cos i have a couple i dunno wheree to submit them though?