So how's the S470? Does it get good cleans and an overall good tone for just about everything?

Would the pups need to be changed, because I've heard the PSND pups were pretty good. And how's the bridge on it? I've enver heard of a ZR trem, is it any good, or is it a piece of crap?

This is my third electric and I'm looking for something that'll suit all styles and I heard the S-series fit that desciption. I don't think I'll be able to go to Guitar Center and try it until Saturday, so until then, could you fill me in?
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
tone = amp so yeh

pups yep theyre going to be needing a change. the zr trem is amazing not the same range as an OFR but the smoothness of it makes it up.

yeh the s series will do most genres but the prestiges are also amazing and imo are well worth the money.

and when your at gc dont worry about hurting it give the trem a good whack or two
ZR trems are the mutts nuts, i prefer them over edges and low trs' trems, Though not over OFRs or Washburn wonderbars.

A very nice cheap trem.

And the Powersounds are actually ****ing great pickups and i have had Sd's Dimarzios and others. They are great stock pickups.
Pedulla MVP5
Gibson Grabber
Warmoth Antigua PJ
Ovation Magnum 1
I was demodded a few months back.

Washburn Wonderbars was one of the first aftermarket trems to be avialable that you could fit WITHOUT routing anything in the body. They were only made for two years. I own two personally (Including a rare gold plate one)

They retailed for about $300-$400 and made with really heavy good quality metal.

Pedulla MVP5
Gibson Grabber
Warmoth Antigua PJ
Ovation Magnum 1
Essentially yes. But slighty better In my opinion.
Pedulla MVP5
Gibson Grabber
Warmoth Antigua PJ
Ovation Magnum 1
Quote by Asomodai
I was demodded a few months back.

Aww, why?

But back to the S470.

I have a good amp, I'm just looking for a good guitar that'll do anything from RHCP/B.B King to Dimebag/Rhoads.

So then the ZR trem is good, right? Is it better or worse than the Liscenced-Floyd Rose?
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
I have an S470dxqm built in 04, the last year they had powersounds i believe. The bridge pickup is on the hotter side, with a nice blend of mids and highs. The single coil is pretty weak, you have to have it pretty high to keep volume levels even, although it goes away with distortion... nice warm neck pup, although it lacks the capability to do blues to well. Very versitile pups, and good for stock pickups.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Quote by azn_guitarist25
they come with infinity pickups from reading Ibanez website

Yes, so how do they sound?
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
Quote by azn_guitarist25
if theyre the same ones found on the RG1570 then crap

From reading an article, the 1570 comes with a V7/S1/V7 pickup line, so there are no infinties in the 1570.

My dad might take me to GC today to try it out, so we'll see how I like it.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
the mahogany S470 or 520(?) sound good and the ZR trem is a top notch trem, an evolution on the floyd.
ha this is the exact guitar ive been posting about and plan on getting... but yeah... it looks like a rly good value for wut it has
Seriously get the Ibanez S470.

The ZR trem means you can also do crazy tricks with it, although it doesn't have the range of the OFRs. It's smoothness will probably reduce the number of blisters you have after a gig.
Quote by Invictious
Seriously get the Ibanez S470.

The ZR trem means you can also do crazy tricks with it, although it doesn't have the range of the OFRs. It's smoothness will probably reduce the number of blisters you have after a gig.

blisters after a gig :| what is it that you do to that guitar.

I have the S470DXQM and it plays really easily. The tremelo is really easy to use, though on the odd occasion I do have my A string become untuned, which is slightly annoying.

I haven't been playing guitars for too long so I can't really say too much about them. So I'm also wondering if the length of note you strike depends on the quality of the pickup. as the notes that I make on my guitar never seem to last quite as long as certain songs whilst trying to play them. against the track on cd.
you mean sustain. well generally you wouldnt have such good sustain since you've got a floating trem = less transfer of vibration through the wood
Quote by azn_guitarist25
you mean sustain. well generally you wouldnt have such good sustain since you've got a floating trem = less transfer of vibration through the wood

ok then. if that's the case, then I would imagine that it's thin around the edge body probably doesn't help it too well.

seeing as artists such as Satriani still manage to keep the sustain in their songs.
I have an s470 and like it quite a bit. I have emgs in it though cause I didn't like the stock pickups.
Read my post. Not this.
when you guys say that the ZR doesn't have as much range, do you mean it won't dive as far or pull up as far, and by smoothness do you mean how easily you can dive/pull and if so what does that have to do with blisters.
Quote by The 1
when you guys say that the ZR doesn't have as much range, do you mean it won't dive as far or pull up as far, and by smoothness do you mean how easily you can dive/pull and if so what does that have to do with blisters.

yeh the range is how far you can go down and up. smoothness refers to how easy it is too pull up or down the trem. and blisters i dont know maybe someone likes yoinking the bar
S470 is a fantastic guitar for the price. When I bought mine I only had a Les Paul which despite being a great guitar was just a little too heavy and limited in range for my tastes.

Pros:
Best trem you can get at its price range by a long way (imho)
Very light, but mahoghany body
Awesome wizard II neck (I didnt want a wizard, a little too thin for my liking)

Cons:
Only two colours :/
Pickups are severely lacking (but to be honest, for a guitar as cheap as it is who really cares, just get new ones)

Sustain isnt too great but thats more of a general trem issue than a guitar specific one.
Well because some of the trems have such rough action, and with those crazy tricks you do with the bar, it surely will cause blisters :P

OFR has a wider range.

Try and get hold of a flamed maple if you can.