Who do you guys consider to be worthy of the tag the new dimebag if any?shredding wise i'd probably go with herman li and after that who knows
Life is waste of time.
Time is a waste of life
Get wasted all the time
And you'll have the time of your life
Last edited by Dimebag-Doyler at Jul 10, 2006,
He was a great guitarist. There are many other great guitarists. His place can't be taken, and neither can other great guitarists places
Quote by -Alek-
He was a great guitarist. There are many other great guitarists. His place can't be taken, and neither can other great guitarists places

SO f*cking true
[Member of the Ibanez S Players Club.] Pm striketalonx to join

Ibanez SA1260
Ibanez RGA8 w/DiMarzio PAF8s
Ibanez JS1200CA
Ibanez S470IB w/DiMarzio Tonezone (Bridge)
Laney LC50 Mark II
Boss ME-70
Quote by -Alek-

This was everything I wanted to say.
WHY DID I BECOME A HOBO!?

Currently playing - Bioshock (360) Forza 2 (360) Mario Kart (Wii) and some CoD4 (360)
Dimebag was a one and only,
a true legend never has anyone exact like him come up from behind, because they cant
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
I know he was the greatest there ever is, was or will be but i just wanted to find out if there is anybody else that can inspire people even half as much as he did when he picked up that dean from hell
Life is waste of time.
Time is a waste of life
Get wasted all the time
And you'll have the time of your life
Synyster Gatez!!!!!11!!!1 lolzorz!11!1

...No.
No offence to the threadstarter, I can see what you mean, but I'm getting a little fed up of these "Who's the next..." threads. I love a good game of "spot the influence" but I can never quite manage to compare one musician to another in as complete a way as that, if anyone gets what I mean here...
Actually, I might start a game of "spot the influence" in the pit...could be fun, will probably go horribly wrong...
Quote by Dimebag-Doyler
I know he was the greatest there ever is, was or will be but i just wanted to find out if there is anybody else that can inspire people even half as much as he did when he picked up that dean from hell

if you are that close minded, of course you will never find a better guitar player. this is an argument from ignorance (vomital, is that right?)
Quote by Dimebag-Doyler
Who do you guys consider to be worthy of the tag the new dimebag if any?shredding wise i'd probably go with herman li and after that who knows
WHAT? Herman is nothing like Dime. they have completely different styles. Herman is a shredder, and writes melodies and harmonies as opposed to riffs. Dime was a riff machine. Herman is technically superior to Dime, but Dime played from the heart.
you CANNOT compare the two.

and theres no such thing as a "new Dimebag", and looking for one is an insult to a legend. he was one of a kind, now let it be.
Last edited by Alucard II at Jul 10, 2006,
T3h n00 Dimebag????666

Is r own Spynal. His t3h bes7 shredder 3v4R, his rly 600d nd ridez teh gaytarz leik a pR0!!!!!111
Quote by chemicalsolutio
T3h n00 Dimebag????666

Is r own Spynal. His t3h bes7 shredder 3v4R, his rly 600d nd ridez teh gaytarz leik a pR0!!!!!111

My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal
I frequent so many big dick forums it's ridiculous

PSN name: sixty5days
Quote by chemicalsolutio
T3h n00 Dimebag????666

Actually, the whole exaggerated 1337 speak got old a year ago. Instead of actually making fun of idiots/nerds who use it, we see normal people exaggerating it to a degree so extreme that it has lost all originality and hilarity. Anyone else feel this way?

And I know this has nothing to do with the thread, but the thread is kind of dead anyway
Last edited by -Alek- at Jul 10, 2006,
Quote by -Alek-
Actually, the whole exaggerated 1337 speak got old a year ago. Instead of actually making fun of idiots/nerds who use it, we see normal people exaggerating it to a degree so extreme that it has lost all originality and hilarity. Anyone else feel this way?

And I know this has nothing to do with the thread, but the thread is kind of dead anyway

It was a good joke; take your head out of your ass.

Anyways, Dimebag wasn't hardly the "greatest guitarist ever." But when it comes to influence no one has topped his in the 2 minutes since his death, which is not unexpected. So yeah, this thread is pretty crap.
Quote by -Alek-

1. It's a joke
2. I write in stupid 1337 once a year
3. you weren't here a year ago
4. your contribution to this thread is worthless