Okay, I have become tired of incrrect use of emo classification. Obviously alot of you emo bashers do not know what 'emo' actually means.
emo: (emotional hardcore): a subgenre of hardcore music with intensively emotionally lyrics. Music is usually compromised of screaming verses and melodically sung choruses, or full songs of melody. Guitars are tight and intricate. Emo began in the late 80's early 90's.
bands who are classified as true emo:
sunny day real estate, fugazi, dead red sea, further seems forever, dashboard confessional, liars academy, taking back sunday (notice, all of these bands formed before 2000)
bands who AREN'T EMO (but think they are:
hawthorne heights, silverstien, fall out boy, panic at the disco, green day, billy talent, etc.
These bands are either pop-punk (with screaming) or rock. True emo died basically after Liars academy broke up (one of the last true emo bands of the 90's). Anything formed after that is not emo, the only bands still around that are true emo are TBS and Dashboard. Any other bands are trying to fit into the current emo craze but marketing themselves as emo, with hair over their eyes, tight pants, band shirts or old logos, chucks, etc. True emo is dead. What we have now is fake.
Good lord I'd love to kick your ass. Yet another little bitch whining about whatever cookie-cutter "scene" they've conformed to being dead. Punk, Emo, Metal whatever, it should be about the music, not the image. I've got nothing against emo, nothing against pop-punk, just people who jump up on their high-horse because they know what's "true" emo/punk/metal etc. **** me up the wall. Just listen to music you like and enjoy it, who gives a **** whate people say about it.
Indeed ^^ now we have scene kids who dress like that to look cool

Although Dashboard should have stuck with the more acousticy unplugged stuff, soo much better when chris's voice is raw and untouched.
1) Why are you posting this in the Pop-punk and Emo forum, you idiot? Unsurpisingly, there are very few "emo bashers" in here. Maybe you thought this was the Classic Rock forum?

2) TBS are not emo, neither are Dashboard. The date a band formed has nothing to do with whether or not they are "emo" or not.

Quote by punkrawkus
emo: (emotional hardcore): a subgenre of hardcore music with intensively emotionally lyrics. Music is usually compromised of screaming verses and melodically sung choruses, or full songs of melody. Guitars are tight and intricate.

bands who are classified as true emo:
dashboard confessional, taking back sunday

Dashboard.... Screaming?! TBS.... Emo?!
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Quote by Weybl Himself
Good lord I'd love to kick your ass. Yet another little bitch whining about whatever cookie-cutter "scene" they've conformed to being dead. Punk, Emo, Metal whatever, it should be about the music, not the image. I've got nothing against emo, nothing against pop-punk, just people who jump up on their high-horse because they know what's "true" emo/punk/metal etc. **** me up the wall. Just listen to music you like and enjoy it, who gives a **** whate people say about it.

Best. Post. Ever.

FFS, who cares about the image, music's made for listening

EDIT: My bad, double post
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Okay, here you are:
1-i posted this in pop-punk because alot of people come in here to bash 'emo or scene' kids when these kids dont know anything about the scene they are supposedly in
2-tbs and dashboard are definately emo, tbs definatey has screaming. old tbs atleast, dashboard is also emo.
3- what im saying is emo is in the lyrics. it isnt about a way you dress or look like. bands now that think they are emo arw about image, not the music.
4-BOTTOM LINE- emo has nothing to do with image. it IS about the music.
and im not whining, but i dont appreciate bands like falloutboy being grouped together with bands like sunny day real estae. thats like a fan of acdc or blacksabbath to be grouped together with simple plan or backstreet boys.
and how about you come kick my ass. imcrazy!
I was expecting this to be another emo elitist thread where nothing other than hardcore music could be considered emo, but no, this one is baffling. Go look at the sticky.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic