Page 1 of 2
Quote by Mushok413
ya there pretty good
i miss 90's rock.

that stuff is way better than the new stuff...
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
^^agreed! They are (or were) awesome, despite of all the airplay. Their lyrics were well written and the guitar work very catchy! The 90's were simply brilliant for the music industry, it's sad that those times are gone now :S
ya i tottally agree
90's music is what got me into well haha music
i miss stp, and soundgarden, AiC, old Staind, old NIN but new NiN is still good, i miss Bush, and good pearljam i know im miss so many more.
back on the subject of 3eb jumper is my favorite song by them
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13

Quote by SublimeGuitar

Third Eye Blind is pretty kick ass
i am a fan
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
My favs are "Slow Motion", "The Background" and "Forget Myself", but all the rest of the bunch is awesome. Still, those are the songs that still give me chills after a lot of years
I cant believe you guys like em too. i love them and now am not ashamed to admit it. Self titled album is a classic.
1# member of R.I.P layne staley club pm me to join
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Quote by Lukeisonfire
I cant believe you guys like em too. i love them and now am not ashamed to admit it. Self titled album is a classic.

Hellz yes my friends

classic stuff by them right there mate
but some of my fav songs by them are...
Never Let You Go
and Semi Charmed life
theres more but dont want to go crazy
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
The first two albums are classics, no doubt about it. Kevin Cadogan was writing some brilliant stuff with textural guitar stylings in different alternate tunings, and the lyrics were usually very good. My favorite tunes are the last four songs on the self titled.
I really love them. The uncut version of Slow Motion is amazing. Too bad the record label wouldn't release the song in the US because it'stoo "controversial."
I love 3EB. They are great to this day. It's funny that you bring them up, I have been on a kick with them lately, playing and listening to them is great. I think tpen got it right when he said they are a great summer band.
I have all three of their CDs. Considering them now, they're probably one of my favorite bands. I really like their albums as a whole. I saw them live once back in 2003.
Quote by Rox0r713
I nominate giveitaname87 for UG's "Most likely to be a Serial Killer" award.
Quote by myvaliantleap
I love 3EB. They are great to this day. It's funny that you bring them up, I have been on a kick with them lately, playing and listening to them is great. I think tpen got it right when he said they are a great summer band.

^^same here! I've been listening to a lot of "old" records I have and Third Eye Blind blew me away again, now I can relate myself to their music, more than ever and I think they have some of the best "Summer songs" of all times: "Forget Myself", "Semi-Charmed Life", "Graduate", etc.....

Oh, by the way, your signature is a part of the lyrics from "Save your Scissors" by City & Colour, right? If it is, kudos for you! I love that song and Dallas is an awesome musician!

Thanks for the comments! =)
Ok, I just got a shitload of music last week (175 GB). And I have all of their cds now. Which one would you guys recommend?
The Proverbial Mind Spread of The Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.
Originally posted by Draken
we're not nerds thank you very much i have a very respectable 40k imperial guard army.
Their self-titled, really! It has a lot of catchy tunes and also some of my fav ones ("The Background", "Semi-Charmed Life").....and 175 GB is.....Wow,awesome!
I haven't heard these guys in a long time. I thought they broke up. I sadly have put them on the back burner for a few years, but this thread has made me resurrect them back into my life. I will definitely check out their new stuff.
Quote by Lukeisonfire

Ashamed!? you shouldnt be, ever! they are amazing, so talented with a crap load of amazing songs, & yes the 1st album was one of the best ive heard from a band in the past 10-15yrs.
Fav.-Narcolepsy, The Background & God Of Wine
:stickpoke
Quote by YAY_FOR_PIE
Which one would you guys recommend?

Out of the Vein, definitely.

I'm a big fan. I've been really enjoying it all lately. I love Stephan Jenkin's voice and lyrics.

My favorite song is definitely Blinded.
these guys are my biggest influence. growing up i've never been a classic rock fan, good music yes, but i love the 90s rock. 3eb, vertical horizon... good stuff. tony fredianelli in third eye blind has a sideproject band called tight e whitey, they're more punkish. my favorite tracks were... well all of them really. theres one or two on blue i could've dont without, but other then that its all perfection.
Jesus titty ****ing christ it's 1996 all over again!

I love this band.

They were the first band to be considred "my favorite band" and that I was like 10 years ago and since then I haven't listend to them until like a week ago. And they're just as good as I remembered.

Motorcyle Driveby for the win
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024
poop? i put it in a blender from time to time

Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
Stephen Jenkins is an awesome lyricist. Best songs are Deep Inside of You, I Want You, Crystal Baller and Blinded.
Blah.

Motorcyle Driveby for the win

RHCPhysco for the win.

I love 3EB and I myself have been on a kick listening to them. Motorcycle Drive By is my "girlfriend" and mine's song.
Wow!Wow!Wow! what do mean new stuff. I know they just released a 'Greatest Hits' cd, but that woulnd't be new stuff, WHAT R U TALKING ABOUT!
Yep. Semi-Charmed life was my favourite song for at least 5 years. Love Crystal Baller.
there are some live tracks available for download of some new songs (just right click on the links and hit save as)-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_Eye_Blind#Fourth_Album

my favorites are second born, lay back, summertime, and dont like me now. theres a live video of in the skin, but i dont remember where i got it. message me and ill look for it.
Last edited by anodetodrivebys at Aug 26, 2006,
Really solid pop songs. Wish I could write like that.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Third Eye Blind has been one of my favorite bands for like...8 years. Their self-titled album was their best, IMO. I'm not as into Out of the Vein, but I think it's decent stuff, as was Blue. But their self-titled was just amazing.
btw what kinda effects are predominant in their music?
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13

Quote by SublimeGuitar

Quote by latinosuperstud
btw what kinda effects are predominant in their music?

They use some distortion (usually fairly light), delay (songs off of Blue like Farther), and there's some wah (like on parts of Forget Myself). That's the basic stuff.

I hope that answers your question? I wasn't sure if you were talking about guitar effects, vocal effects, or whatever.
Oi, they got a new album coming out next year!! Yusss! Good stuff, they'll blow me away again... hopefully as good as Blue was!!!
Quote by Learn_to_fly
Oi, they got a new album coming out next year!! Yusss! Good stuff, they'll blow me away again... hopefully as good as Blue was!!!

I didn't know a new album was coming out? Ah well, I'll admit that I don't keep up with dates a lot.

Blue was pretty darn good, but their first album will always be my first love.
Page 1 of 2