I've searched, but i can't find a picture of this anywhere, but here goes. Zakk Wylde, and some other guitarists string tune-o-matics so that the string goes through the "wrong way", and then loops back over the bridge.

I was planning on doing this, but will it mess with the innotation at all? I can't imagine it would mess up the action, but what about that too?

Sorry if that is difficult to understand, but its hard to explain with out a picture.

Edit: Heres a pic...
Attachments:
normal_Goldie-Rehearsals June 2004_2793.jpg
Quote by Dave_Mc
how do those marshall handles compare tonewise to, say, mesa handles?

Owns a Blackheart Little Giant...
Last edited by AndyPandy at Jul 10, 2006,
it wont change your intonation at all cos your string length is still the same as if it were to be done the conventional way. though i heard their were stop tail bars that were suited to do this
if im thinking the right way its not all that crazy, just loop it over
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
can it be done with the standard bridge on an epiphone g400?
Quote by Dave_Mc

if its a stop tail with a tuneo-o-matic you can do it. i dont know how you would otherwise.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
You can do it with your guitar. Just thread your strings the opposite way you would normally through the tailpiece. It affects nothing, I string my Agile like this.
cool, thanks for the help. it snapped my high e, but it may have been going to snap anyway, so i just replaced it.
Quote by Dave_Mc

Zakk does that so that there is less of an angle where the strings go over the saddles - he claims he breaks less strings when playing bends this way.
I have that going for the four highest strings of my brother's guitar and I personally don't like it. it seems to give a crappier tone, imo.