Whoa, how amazing are these guys, seriously such talent, just got into them, birds of fire = amazing your opinions...
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
I like them a lot. John Mclaughlin is very recognizable to me, but I'm not a huge fan of his electric playing. There's no denying that he can play, I just don't like it that much. I still like the music a lot, though.
I've liked them for quite a while now. All very talented and well-rounded musicians, I really enjoy most of their pieces.
If you are feeling the heavily jazz sound you should check out Chick Corea. They have some great tunes to offer as well, very unique stuff.
Chick corea's a person.

were doing fusion in school
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

Hope, Open Country Joy and Miles Beyond.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Mclaughlin is an amazing player, fiddles with time signatures like crazy and you've got to love the way that he must look at music, but I find Mahavishnu a very 'certain time, certain place' band and find it hard to listen to a lot of the time.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Yeah, I just hate his electric tone...

It's also pretty sloppy sometimes, Mclaughlin in Mahavishnu... I just don't think he gets away with it as well as Zappa.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Hmm true, i just think hes a damn good player, i love his tone and i know like FZ he could be sloppy, but i love em both.
Quote by ZanasCross

john mclaughlin is amazing, I love all his work wether it's acoustic or electric.
"Don't play what's there; play what's NOT there" - Miles Davis
I'm a huge fan of John McLaughlin and Mahavishnu Orchestra. I am in sheer awe of the raw talent the band has. I don't think there's one single band I've heard with more talent than these guys, and not only is John my favourite guitarist but Billy Cobham is my favourite drummer (Walden being my second). I only have three MO albums (Birds of Fire, Inner Worlds and Visions of the Emerald Beyond) but I'm hoping to get Inner Mounting Flame soon. My favourite MO songs are Birds of Fire, Cosmic Strut (those guys think of the coolest song names) and Lotus Feet.

NP Guitar Trio - Mediterranean Sundance
Mahavishnu is awesome, same with a lot of other fusion such as Miles Davis's Bitches Brew which John Mclaughlin of the Mahavishnu ORchestra played on
I've only ever heard one of the albums, (The Inner Mounting Flame), but I have to say it absolutely kicks ass.
I simply cannot take this god-awful place anymore. Goodbye to all the good people here. The rest can fuck off.

I love Mahavishnu, but i agree that its not music i can just pick up and listen to... and also, my favorite mclaughlin album is friday night in san francisco
I really dig The Mahavishnu Orchestra, I have Birds of Fire, Inner Mounting Flame, and Visions of the Emereld Beyond, yet surprisingly have not yet heard much of Mclaughlins solo work, anyone have any albums they'd reccomend? I've heard some of that live album he did with Al Di Meola and that sounded great.
I tried to learn birds of fire, and it's taking so long, it's an amazing song.
They're all talented as hell.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean