Just to annoy ppl im askin another guitar question

rite narrowed it down to either an esp ax 250 or epiphone les paul custom
i heard that the epihone has a good full bodied tone good for any type of music
but the esp has emgs as standard (81 and 85) which are great for metal
which i mostly play please help me decide...
yeah, well the epi has a slab of alder in it, and the esp is made of agathis

so

neither are THAT good for the prices

i say an Ibanez RG321, then slap some hot pickups in it, then it will be uber-metal.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

Last edited by The_Hell_Patrol at Jul 10, 2006,
yep and rg321mh then add any emgs of your liking but usually with emg's going to need a good amp aswell but theres also alternatives to emg's just depends on how much your wiling to spend
If you're looking for one of those two, I'd go with the custom. I'm not a big fan of agathis, I don't know anyone who is, and overall the custom has a much heavier tone than than anything I've ever played that was made out of agathis. It also has much smoother clean tones than agathis guitars usually do. I guess the only real reason I'd take the AX over the LP is if I liked the body shape,,,,,which I dont really. But thats not my decision to make. As for the Ibanez that was recommended, I think if you're looking for a guitar around the $600 dollar range that there is probably a better Ibanez than that one, but I'm not a huge advocate of Ibanez guitars, so I can't help you there.
are you le nutz?

the RG321MH isnt around 600 bucks

or are you saying that the other guitars are a 600 dollar price range and the Ibanez is cheaper?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

go for the epi, the ltd is bolt on to a basswood body
Endorsed by Framus Amps

Quote by primusfan
you shoulda lynched that nigger.

*spits in spittoon and feels up his cousin*
Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
are you le nutz?

the RG321MH isnt around 600 bucks

or are you saying that the other guitars are a 600 dollar price range and the Ibanez is cheaper?

Yes, I was saying the others are around $600-$650, while the RG321 is only about $280 or so.
no its not, its ****ing agathis, and it might be bolt on, hold on ill check.

EDIT: this was for the axeslinger guy

and to guy above me, ok i see what your saying, but this guy seems to be going for hardtail guitars, and the best hardtail Ibanez that wont cost like 843729487 dollars with the RG321MH, its a mahogony body, wizard II neck, 24 frets, it just doesnt have a trem, which on low end Ibanez's, is a good thing, if you want a decent trem you have to go S series or RG1570 and up, so althought the Ibanez isnt as expensive as the others, it actually kicks their ass x10

EDIT 2: hardtail/string thru, stopbar, they are all similar. AND, the ESp IS Agathis, with EMG/ESP pickups, i say taht guitar sucks balls, get the RG321MH and slap some EMG's in there and it will be something you wont regret.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

Last edited by The_Hell_Patrol at Jul 10, 2006,
how much does the Ibanez SZ520QM cost over their cos it could be a pretty good metal guitar with the right mods
Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
no its not, its ****ing agathis, and it might be bolt on, hold on ill check.

EDIT: this was for the axeslinger guy

and to guy above me, ok i see what your saying, but this guy seems to be going for hardtail guitars, and the best hardtail Ibanez that wont cost like 843729487 dollars with the RG321MH, its a mahogony body, wizard II neck, 24 frets, it just doesnt have a trem, which on low end Ibanez's, is a good thing, if you want a decent trem you have to go S series or RG1570 and up, so althought the Ibanez isnt as expensive as the others, it actually kicks their ass x10

As for the guitar being agathis, I went off of what you had said earlier. It is true that there aren't that many mid priced Ibanez' without a trem, but from what I've played I've like the SZ520 over mid priced RG's that I've played, and I believe all SZ's have hard tails.
but does this guy want a FR style trem?cause both guitars he talked about were string thru or stopbar, so he seems to like that style
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

i wud go for the ibanez but i really do suk at any electrical stuff an i cant get anybody to do it for me cos all the guitar shops around wer i live suk + i dont hav any friends that cud do that either

i heard that the passive pickups that emg sell hardly require any wiring but the active ones unfortnately do
Last edited by axe_thrasher at Jul 10, 2006,
Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
but does this guy want a FR style trem?cause both guitars he talked about were string thru or stopbar, so he seems to like that style

Yes, I know,,,,,thats why I said the SZ's would probably be better suited if he wanted to spend that amount of money.
OH ****, sorry, my mistake, i got the models mixed up, i was thinking of the S series, yeah, definantly go for the SZ series if you can afford it, they are ****ing beautiful, and good quality. and to the threadstarter, its not that hard to change your pickupsd, and any local shop should know how, all you need is a soldering iron rig.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

btw i hate tremlos so i dont want one just so no1 decides 2 post guitars suggestions that have tremlos !
Quote by axe_thrasher
i wud go for the ibanez but i really do suk at any electrical stuff an i cant get anybody to do it for me cos all the guitar shops around wer i live suk + i dont hav any friends that cud do that either

i heard that the passive pickups that emg sell hardly require any wiring but the active ones unfortnately do

probably, but why would you want to buy the Epi if you wouldnt be able to easily put pickups in there either?

i think you should go for either an Epi LP standard Plain Top, because its solid mahogony, but there have been lots of complaints about it, so you HAVE to ty it out first to make sure its solidly built and stuff, the otehr Epi's have a big slab of alder in it, which ruins the LP tone, and the ESP just probably wouldnt sound that good, i still say the Ibanez RG321MH is your best bet.

EDIT: and how much are you willing to spend?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

Ibanez SZ520QM or Ibanez RG321MH really those are the ones i would look at. but its real good if we have your budget?
and the LTD guitar doesnt come with EMG 81/85, not on the site anyway, maybe yours is already modded a little, but i think you should forget about that guitar, your best bets would be the SZ for build quality and sound, if your on a budget then the RG321MH is good, i actually think i might look into getting one of those now.

JESUS, you have that much, go for the SZ! either the 520 or 720, (720 looks much sexier)
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

actually now that i think about it how do schecters play, never actually played one myself but i hear theyre pretty gud for metal or was that person deluded
oh, ****, yeah i forgot about Schecters, they are good, i havcent played one, but you can get a Hellraiser and C1's as hardtail or string thruy or whatever, go check out the site and say which ones you are looking at
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

im not too sure if its around $600-$1000 to be completely honest i think its sumwer closer to $500-$800 ish (=
still, that should be anough for the SZ series, or a Hellraiser or whatever, you got plenty for a string thru'd guitar.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

the damien 6, c1 hell raiser, the tempest custom and c1 elite all seem good
Last edited by axe_thrasher at Jul 10, 2006,
The Hellraiser and Elite are ****ing good
so
you should get one of them or an SZ520 or 720 from Ibanez

i think they are all in the sdame or similar price ranges
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

ill probably go with the schecter cos its hard to find any decent ibanez guitars at my local place
anyway im off to do some guitar playing, good luck with your search!

EDITL you would probably just have to order a decent Ibanez, my shop is like that too, he only gets real low end epi's and Jay Tursers, if you want a decent Epi, you have ot order it
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn