Hey can we call this group CR? Like the artists in it are CR but it wasn't formed in the era of CR. Anyways who likes em and what your fav tune?
End of the Line is one of my favourites. Or Tweeter and the Monkey Man. Great group of artists for sure. And, in my opinion, I would call them Classic Rock.
Yes,they're CR. Greatest and one of the first "supergroup". She's My Baby is my favorite.

Wikipedia

I love their nicknames:

Nelson Wilbury - George Harrison
Otis Wilbury - Jeff Lynne
Lefty Wilbury - Roy Orbison
Charlie T. Jnr. - Tom Petty
Lucky Wilbury - Bob Dylan
When your body's tired, exercise your mind.
Last edited by TimiHendrex33 at Jul 10, 2006,
Haha, yea, great names. I don't know if they were the "first" supergroup, but I think they were definetely one of the best, if not the best. Almost a perfect line-up for some great Classic Rock.
well, not the first super group. that would be Cream

but how can you go wrong with a lineup like that? Dylan, Harrison, Petty, Orbison and Lynne, cmon. one helluva super gorup if you ask me its a good group because, though its a supergroup, their personalities and overall styles go together wonderfully
*Member of Teenage Wasteland Club*(working to inform the un-informed)

Cofounder of the "official band/artist obsessors club" as a who obsessor pm me,

mem no 2 of the Who fan club, PM me.

www.myspace.com/rogerdaltreysgirlfriend
Cream was genious, White Room still kicks my ass everytime I listen to it.
True about the line-up as well, it is more or less the reason they joined together to create their first CD; not only did they work so well together, they worked with eachother often and must have had some great chemistry to record such great music.

Listening to Tweeter and the Monkey Man right now.
Petty played Handle With Care when I saw him in 2005. It was great
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
Damn, that would have been nice.
I need to see Tom live before he expires; sounds bad, but it's true, his age is really starting to become a factor - being almost 60 now. One of the few artists I truly love and have grown up listening to that hasn't yet hit the can...
^^if Petty comes anywhere near your area, get tickets. It was a great show, I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
I think Petty's coming near me...

The Chili Peppers are going on tour. My reaction:HELLZ YEAH!!!11one!!!

Reality:They Dont come within like 3 states of me.

Sorry stilll mad about that. I'll prolly go to Petty though
When your body's tired, exercise your mind.
I will definetely buy tickets, regardless of price. I think I will check dates now, you never know!
The Peppers just came through where I live, and Motley Crue was just here last week, sadly didn't hit either of those shows.
Slayer and Children of Bodom tommorow though? But that is far off topic.

I would love to see Bob Dylan as well probably just as much as Petty, but Dylan has to be at least ten years up on Tom...
Dates for Petty don't look good for me though, nothing up north here in Canada. He is on tour right now with The Allman Brothers Band which would be one hell of a show however.