Is it possible to change a passive bass into an active one, and if so how? Thanks
it is... ofcourse it is.... buy active pickups? router hole for batteries...
Founder Of The "Jimmy Page Stole All Of My Potential Riffs" Club PM To Join!.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Meh, I usually just buy them off the local shaman, unless I'm in the wilderness, where I rely on raw meat to raise my HP.
Actually, whether the pickups are active or not does not make the bass itself active. "Avtice Bass" is a term which generally means the bass has a pre-amp - not that the bass has actice pickups...
Quote by Applehead
Actually, whether the pickups are active or not does not make the bass itself active. "Avtice Bass" is a term which generally means the bass has a pre-amp - not that the bass has actice pickups...

yeah. like my bass has a preamp but it's pickups are passive. but it's called an active bass.
Ibanez SR400
Ampeg BA112
Digitech Whammy WH-4 > Boss NS2 Noise Gate, NS2 Send (Boss GEB7 Bass EQ) NS2 Return > Boss CEB3 Bass Chorus > Ampeg BA112
do active pre-amps make that much of a difference?, out of interest
Quote by slayaplaya

(oh! maybe some one will sig that witty comment! maybe not...)
Either put a preamp in it or active pickups. I have an EMG in mine.
TRANSFIXUS SED NON MORTUUS
Quote by Verminox
Is it possible to change a passive bass into an active one, and if so how? Thanks

On some Basses it is very easy, there is an excellent kit for Fenders from this company www.east-uk.com it is far superior to the electronics on the Fender active Basses.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn