Page 1 of 2
Great fucking band. I just bought their albums Nocturnal Poisoning, Telepathic With the Deceased, and To Violate the Oblivious after having some of their songs on my computer lol. I must say, it's some quality black metal right here. Great logo, too:

http://www.myspace.com/xasthurband
xasthur.mercurous.net

Discuss.
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal
I frequent so many big dick forums it's ridiculous

PSN name: sixty5days
To Violate the Oblivious and their split with Nachtmystium = awesomeness
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes Chuck Norris to laugh at him.

Chuck Norris lost his virginity before his Dad did.
I'm pretty sure they didn't.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes Chuck Norris to laugh at him.

Chuck Norris lost his virginity before his Dad did.
Got Telepathic With The Deceased, damn good BM.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by mydadisjewish
yay for quality USBM! Leviathan is also delicious

Fuck yeah, Leviathan's the shit.
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal

Love their split with Nortt!
Originally posted by Novaworld
Smiddys right...
Averse sefira are very good (I also fucking love your ren and stimpy avatar jew)

What I've heard of xasthur, I like. Unfortunately I havent heard quite enough, think I might pick up an album some time.
My second favorite artist out of the Unholy Trinity, the first being Leviathan of course & then Draugar.
Nocturnal Poisoning is Xasthur's best album by far btw, good choice in picking it up. If you like Sunn O))) too, go pick up Black One, Malefic does vocals in a couple of the songs, one song in a coffin, pretty intense
Don't analyze my beliefs & I won't pick out the flaws in yours
<3 obv.
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
Quote by RingmasterTJ
My second favorite artist out of the Unholy Trinity, the first being Leviathan of course & then Draugar.
Nocturnal Poisoning is Xasthur's best album by far btw, good choice in picking it up. If you like Sunn O))) too, go pick up Black One, Malefic does vocals in a couple of the songs, one song in a coffin, pretty intense

Yeah, picked up Black One a while ago. It's ace. I wonder if they'll ever release that split with Wyrd that they did.
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal

Quote by kirkisking
Yeah, picked up Black One a while ago. It's ace. I wonder if they'll ever release that split with Wyrd that they did.

I'm assuming that your talking about Xasthur & Wyrd. So, no, it was canceled due to label issues coming from Malefic's side. However, if your interested in the Wyrd tacks, they will be released on a 7" EP...limited to 1,000 copies though. I believe Malefic was going to re-release old tracks on to the split, so nothing new (assuming you've got the back catalouge) to be missed.
Don't analyze my beliefs & I won't pick out the flaws in yours
Quote by Impaler
For me, Xasthur > Leviathan.

Yeah, Leviathan is still kick ass. Xasthur is my favorite out of all the USBM bands though.
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal

Quote by kirkisking
Yeah, Leviathan is still kick ass. Xasthur is my favorite out of all the USBM bands though.

i can't pick my fav USBM band, tie between xasthur and grand belial's key (although the music they play is so different), but def xasthur for atmosphere
I remember back a few years ago, no one knew xasthur. Shortly after I found out about him, he released Nocturnal Poisoning (which still gets alot of play from me). It was great, OH how I wish it was still a USBM gem. Now every 16 year old with a computer knows about xasthur.

And for kicks, I have 1 of the original 65 Xasthur shirts from Iron Will Propaganda (I wonder wtf ever happened to them). It was 1 of 2 that Scott had in his closet, it smelled like herb and inscense.
Last edited by uuuuhhhhhhhh at Jul 12, 2006,
Quote by uuuuhhhhhhhh
I remember back a few years ago, no one knew xasthur. Shortly after I found out about him, he released Nocturnal Poisoning (which still gets alot of play from me). It was great, OH how I wish it was still a USBM gem. Now every 16 year old with a computer knows about xasthur.

Even funnier are kids like you who care how many people listen to a band.
Quote by uuuuhhhhhhhh
So making an observation on todays black metal "scene" is wrong according to you?

You said that an album was no longer a gem because people started listening to it...
There's always a greater feeling also to the music when you know that very few know about this great dark band, that's the whole thing about it being a gem. It's like gold, if everything was made of gold, it would be worthless, but if very few possesses it, it makes it much more valuable.
Quote by uuuuhhhhhhhh
As in when It was released, there wasn't really anything like it. Now how many suicudal black metal bands have sprung up in the US in recent years?

I see what you're saying. I don't really keep up with that though.
I know quite a few people like chemical. However, one of my pet peeves about the black metal genre are pretentious elitist. I'll admit, part of the initial attraction to the genre is how "underground" it is, but I am all for people being exposed to as much GOOD music as possible
Quote by VomitalXX
You said that an album was no longer a gem because people started listening to it...

I completely understand where uuuuhhhhhhhh is coming from here. I mean, I discovered Amon Amarth in 1998, when NO ONE had heard of them. They didn't play the U.S. and Once Sent was about to be released in the US. It felt like I had stumbled upon this classic album that no one knew about.

Fast forward to 2006 where everyone and their dog has "Fate of Norns" and it's not really as special. Sure, still one of my favorite bands, but there's no longer the thrill that I discovered this amazing music that was sooooooo underground (much like with Blessedbethyname for that matter).
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
I understand that, but for one to think of an album as great and then think of it as horrible merely because of its popularity is foolish (not referring to uhhhhhhhh).
I don't think anyone thinks that Vomital. As Spynal said, it just loses that kind of thrill you have when listening to something noone has heard of (or discovering it)

I'm pretty sure you understand completely what uuuuhhhh thinks, so no need really to discuss it.
ha, but do you guys realize how possessive that sounds? of a band that isn't even your own? i mean, if you were trying on purpose to keep a band secret that was your own, i can see why you would be pissed, but when the band isn't your own? spynal, amon amarth is a little different than xasthur.....amon amarth is selling like the new air jordans, plus this ridiculous DVD. they wanted to 'blow up.'

but i think the jealous aspect of "because you know the band" isn't warranted.
Last edited by mydadisjewish at Jul 13, 2006,
Quote by mydadisjewish
ha, but do you guys realize how possessive that sounds?

ohhhh but I don't wanna share
Page 1 of 2