Can anyone draw out a circuit diagram of whats in a guitar im really interested...

As a rough guess this is what i thinks inside...

|Pickup 1 |   |Pickup 2|   |Pickup 3|
         |                  |                 | 
         --------------------------------------------------|Pickup selector(switch)|
                                                                            |
                                                                            |
                                                |Volume Control(rotary potentiometer?)|
                                                                            |
                                                                            |
                                                                            |
                                                                      Line Out

Does anyone know any typical values for resistance, PD, and current for the guitar?

Does it contain any other electrical devices?
Quote by rockon1824
I hope you're kidding dude. They won't even have a drum section, why would they have a car tyre section?
That's pretty close, open one up and look for yourself. It also depends on what guitar you have. Sorry, I can't help on the electrical stuff.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

looks like u know more about a guitars guts than most heer, forgot the tone control and some custom guitars have a pot switch or somethin (tone control pops out to change pickup setting)...
Well, the volume and tone knobs go to the pickup selector, and then from the pickup selector to the line out. You also forgot the ground wire. I have a picture of the inside of my guitar on my other computer (in transit from Alaska, should be here in ~ 1 week).
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

A Lot Of Stuff
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Half Stack
Damage control Solid Metal
Boss Flanger
Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron+
Dunlop 535Q Wah
General Guitar Gadgets ITS8 Overdrive
Marshall MS-4 Ministack

Guitars:

PRS Custom 24

Washburn D10 Quilted Bubinga
Quote by -=Led_Hed=-
...some custom guitars have a pot switch or somethin (tone control pops out to change pickup setting)...

What you're talking about would be a push/pull pot for coil-tapping.
Gremlins. Gremlins listen to the notes you pluck and sing them through a microphone which sends a signal to an amp.

Honestly, there's a bunch of guitar schematics available on the internet. Just google it, I'm sure you'll get something.
Check Fender's website. They have diagrams for everything that they make and have made.

thats the underside of my strat.

what type of guitar is it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Bean, your diagram is in series, your guitar is probably set up in a paralel... There are series guitars but it is easier to manurfactire them in parallel. For some reason all the electronics are very $$$ even though everything costs 5$ or less to make, including pickups...
Yeah, but if you buy your own pots and even a five-way switch from, say, a radio-shack, it should be much cheaper.

Pickups, though, you're screwed on. Unless you can make your own...??
Death Metal guitarists fill their guitars with the tortured souls of the damned. It's how they sound so kvlt.
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo