got a 50 watt tube combo (boogie 50 cal). I've also got my 2 home made speaker cabs. If i wanted to get a head for these to speakers, would it have to be a 50 watt? I know that the epiphone valve junior can power these speakers (or at least that's what the reviews say). could i use the valve junior in conjunction with my 50 cal?

and also, how do i split the signal going from my guitar to the 2 amps? oh wait, how about my boss digital delay direct out going to the 50 cal. and the regular out going to the valve junior?
hmm, try using a "Y-splitter"after the effects.
Quote by Dave_Mc
how do those marshall handles compare tonewise to, say, mesa handles?

Owns a Blackheart Little Giant...
Since you already have a pedal with stereo outputs that would be the easiest and cheapest method of spreading the signal to two amps. Another option would be as suggested an A/B/Y box, but these can get pricey.

I'm not sure about a Y splitter but I've heard you loose quite a bit of quality.
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
So, are you wanting to use the combo amp alongside the head and 2 stereo speakers? Or are you wanting to use the combo amp as a head??? I think my first guess is right. But I am intriuged regardless. Someone shine some insight on the situation.

We are talking just regular stereo speakers right? One's with just the negative and positive jacks? mmm, I need answers!!
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

I've got a boogie 50 caliber combo. I've also got these 2 old Fisher stereo speakers that i turned into guitar cabs by just replacing the bass drivers with a celestion speaker in each. I was thinking of getting the epi valve junior head to power one of these speakers. so my guitar would be going to the boogie combo and to the epi head.

my main questions are: 1. do the 2 amplifiers have to be rated the same wattage? 2. how do i get the signal to both amps (i guess the a/b/y box or my digital delay) and well now i guess i have a 3rd question... the epi valve junior head is only 5 watts but my speaker is rated for 70 watts. will this amp be able to drive it? and will a digital delay with both a direct out and a "wet" out be a good way to split the signal?
The amps do not have to be rated at the same wattage but you might want to balance out the loudness (obviously the .50 cal will be louder than the epi). Splitting using the dd-3 will wound good because you will have two different signals that are blending with each other through different amps. And the Epi will drive it, but probably not into speaker breakup
Actually even if the volumes didn't match up, it would still be an intersting sound.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Quote by Wayward_Son
Actually even if the volumes didn't match up, it would still be an intersting sound.

True, but I meant more to make sure that the Mesa didn't completely overpower the Epi. But with stereo its always an interesting sound
Hey sethp, can the Mesa do metal tones?? And bright or dark?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
Hey sethp, can the Mesa do metal tones?? And bright or dark?

ok, first of all i don't know what all this "bright" and "dark" talk is all about. to me it seems like you just boost or cut the treble. so i don't know how to even answer that question. secondly, i've only played it at living room lvls. but i just put all new sovtek tubes in it, and i put a dimarzio tone zone in the bridge. but that being said this amp sounds like a freakin' chainsaw flamethrower with the gain pegged and the 2 volumes at around 2-2.5 each. i'm still playing around with the tone knobs and the eq and i have them SEVERELY scooped right now. reverb is much more noticable in the clean channel and when pegged has more than i need. but i don't plan on using the clean channel all that much. and i can't figure out what the eff presence does.

so i would say, yes, this 50 calliber satisfies all of my metal desires. and i'm sure its bound to get even better the louder it goes.
Quote by sethp
ok, first of all i don't know what all this "bright" and "dark" talk is all about.

Does it sound more like Peavey 5150 or a XXX?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
Does it sound more like Peavey 5150 or a XXX?

i have no idea what either of those sound like. hahahahaha but if you've ever heard the band The Moon Family, they were from salt lake city, ut. that's the distortion sound i'm getting from it.

btw: if you don't know whe the moon family were, don't bother googling. you'll never find them. hahahaha

i certainly is NOT a korn/nu-metal sound. but then again if it did have korn/nu-metal kind of sound then you would have never read this post to begin with because the amp would be in 2,781.43 pieces in my landlady's driveway. but i'm still not convinced that this whole bright/dark thing isn't just a matter of adjusting tone controls. but i know much less than many other people on this forum and would be delighted to be educated on the matter
Last edited by sethp at Jul 11, 2006,
ok, i'm listening to Kill 'em All thru a pair of Grado Prestige Series headphones.

it sounds sort of like that. but i've only got my amp set in a certain way.

contact TODO O NADA records. if you can get in contact then order yourself a copy of The Moon Family.
that's how i could get my amp to sound with a few things in front of it.