hi there

our band has its first real gig coming up what we have organised with another band, we are playing to about 180 and need to mic up our amps. where shall we postion the mike (how close to the speaker) and on cabs which speaker shall we mic!! and also, will run the miced amps through a PA system, so shall we just leave the setting on the system as standard! cheers,james
GEAR

ESP LTD Viper 400 with EMG 81s
Jackson Dinky DXMG with EMG 81/85
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60 DSP
Ashdown Fallen Angel Cab 120W 4X12
Keeley Modded SD-1 Overdrive
Korg DT-10 Tuner
Noise gate (cheap)
EQ (cheap)
Position the mic about 1" from the center of the speaker. The mic cable will run to a mixer then to the PA which will then run to the PA speakers and monitors (if needed).
if its a 12" speaker, have the mic head 1"-4" away from the grille. Take the mic and angle it somewhere between 20-30 degrees off axis. Then move it 1"-3" off the center of the cone.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
i always here about mic angle axis, what is it!! and wot speaker shall i mike on my 4X12 cab? top left, bottom right etc... cheers,james
GEAR

Korg DT-10 Tuner
Noise gate (cheap)
EQ (cheap)
Really doesnt matter, as far as I'm concerned. I usually mic the top left (facing the cab). Works good for me.
and also, do u face the mic side on or front on if you no wot i mean? sorry to ask stupid questions
GEAR

Korg DT-10 Tuner
Noise gate (cheap)
EQ (cheap)
i c!!!! thats wot i meant by having it straight on or side on. cheers guys!!!!
GEAR

Korg DT-10 Tuner
Noise gate (cheap)
EQ (cheap)