I have a Roland Micro Cube and it has a Recording/headphone out jack. I would like to have an external box I can plug it into so that it would be converted to line so I could plug it into another amp for effects and models. I know it sounds stupid but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
PM me with talkbox questions.

A study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
I suppose you mean like a recording preamp. Well firstly u can probbably run it directly into your PC. if your amp has cab moddleing then you can just do this and it will sound alrite. If it doesn't you'll have to get a little DI/ cab moddleing box like this.

http://www.thomann.de/thoiw2_palmer_pdi09_prodinfo.html

And you need a little adaptor so you can plug it into your pc

http://www.thomann.de/thoiw2_the_sssnake_1832_adapter_prodinfo.html
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Last edited by eddiehimself at Jul 10, 2006,
Sorry I guess I didn't make this too clear. I have the Micro Cube and would like to use resistors or whatever to take the signal down to a line level signal to plug into my amp, a Fender FM65R.

Thanks though.

A study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
I got a suggestion on another forum to use a transistor amplifier circuit. Would I do that but without the power supply.

The output is line level...
You can plug it into the return in an effects loop and bypass the other amps preamp completely.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Yep, I've run the headphone out from my amp into my computer's line in fine just watch the levels so it doesn't clip and it'll be fine
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
The output is line level...
You can plug it into the return in an effects loop and bypass the other amps preamp completely.

Do I have to do anything to the other preamp. Sorry for the stupid posts. I work with electronics all the time its just I don't deal with the audio part a whole lot.

So... Let me get this straight. All I have to do is plug the headphone/recording out to the power amps input?

Yep, it will just bypass the preamp completely.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Ok thanks let me hook it up.