Hey everyone, i'm very new here (first day), so if this is in the wrong place/has been done take it easy.

I'm looking to get a guitar with a floating trem, and so far i'm not sure what to get.
I've really been looking at the ibanez prestige s-series guitars. They seem very nice.
Also, i've never played one, but are the Jackson Soloists any good?

If you have any other guitars that come stock with floyd rose/edge pro/zr/ect. that are good, just let me know.

thanks
i lost my virginity. can i have yours?

Member #18 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join

One nation, under a fictitious almighty power
the ibanez s series are very nice, but you might want to look at the SA series, they have beautiful finishes and ZR tremolo systems which is an ibanez invention but are very good

[edit: or at least some of the new ones do]
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Well, if you want to spend a little bit of money (which is generally recommended), then you might go for an (ESP) LTD. They are nice guitars.

edit: Damn, the trem: the M and MH series and Floyd (licensed) bridges.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

^^ but you have to spend quite a lot of a little bit of money to get a good ESP/ LTD
--
Meh, the MH-400 runs about $650 on Musicians Friend. That is what I'm getting in a month or so. You won't be sorry for paying the extra money.
- FJ

If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

jackson: perhaps, schecter: good for price, but might need pikcup changed sometimes
ESPs are generally not that versatile if they come with EMGs in
--
Schecter's don't generally come with trems.
- FJ

but he said schecter FR, , but yeh, they dont, so the good ones tend to be non fr, not to say that there arent good FR ones too...
--
Oh, I was lookin at your post, J.MitMetallica.
- FJ

yeah a realised that after i wrote that last one, sry, my bad
--
Ibanez RG5**

Around £300.. Very very good guitars.. Worth a look..
My Stuff
The good
Ibanez RG550
Laney GH50L (Head)
Laney 4x12 TT (Cab)
Jim Dunlop Wah-Wah
Boss ME-8 Multi Effects
Marshall Blues Breaker
The Okay
H/H 100 Watt Combo 1975
Ibanez GRX 420
The Ugly
Marshall 15 Watt MG
Strat Copy
that rg5 looks nice, that available in the states though?

^ Yes of course.. The 5xx series is dicontinued though, so ull have to check eBay..

The new models are the 1550&1570, which are great but more expensive.. (but the trem is an edge pro)
thanks guys you helped a lot.

one more question, what exactly is the difference between the edge pro and the zero-resisistance (zr) trem? Technical please people, no "Zr SuCkz N eDgE pRo RoxZ"

Schecter Hellraiser C1-FR
Ibanez RG Prestige models
Caparisons all have Schaller bridges besides the Angelus (non sig) and some others
What do you guys think is better, Edge pro or ZR???
By the specs and stuff the ZR seems realy swish (as in good lol)
Quote by codybcool
Stagg's are the kind of brand that you see selling on eBay from a 0 feedback Chinese man for 99p and no one buys them.

www.hotguitarist.com
^The ZR is crap.

As long as the bridge is either an OFR (NOT licensed, although some by reputable companies are okay), Edge, Lo-Pro Edge, or Edge Pro, you're set.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Quote by ooba_farz
What do you guys think is better, Edge pro or ZR???
By the specs and stuff the ZR seems realy swish (as in good lol)

the ZR doesnt have the same range as the Edge PRO but its very smooth compared to the Edge PRO
do either of these have a d-tuna? im not exactly sure, but isn't that where you can easily switch tunings without unlocking strings and whatever?

if you get an OFR then you can fit a d-tuna im not too sure on the profile of the Edge PRO but it could fit but that means you cant bend up also you gotta have like an extra tool eg. tremol-no to help keep the trem stable when the d-tuna is in use