Its personal prefernce.
I prefer glossed mahogany necks with ebony or rosewood fingerboards on my acoustics.
Unfinished maple is in my opinion the fasted neck though.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
Do they affect stuff:
tonewise: NO
feelwise: Yes, rosewood: tougher maple: slippier bendier.
whatever you want, try them out
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Yeah, unfinished, like on Zakk Wylde's guitar, is faster to play, cos your hand sticks to smooth finishes.

I prefer maple necks. They're cheaper and they work, and it saves precious exotic wood.
I like rosewood boards, however, cos they look nice. I don't think there's any significant difference in sound.
Well, I like maple necks, with a rosewood fingerboard. Get the neck that feels the best, and get the fingerboard that looks the best.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

It depends on the guitar. On something like a strat or tele I like maple. On my LP I like the ebony.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Threadstarter: if one of the two was clearly better than the other, don't you think fender would make you pay more for the better one, rather than giving the option of either fretboard at the exact same price? Seriously, I'm sick of this 'what's the best' crap. There is no 'best.' if there was we'd all save up and buy it and you could all go away and stop bothering me.
[strangles cat]
^ well said matey
member #14 of the club! PM Gabel to join

Martha Stewart for UG President '06
Quote by azn_guitarist25
birdseye maple neck and fretboard. pure sex

I knew a dude that had a custom Strat with a birdseye maple neck, and he didn't even own a case! I wanted to shoot him, and take his guitar. God, those necks are lovely.
Gear:
Fender Stratocaster
Gibson SG w/ Bigsby
Ibanez Roadster Bass
Sovtek MiG 60
Marshall 1965B
Maestro Echoplex EP-3
MXR Ten Band EQ
EHX Russian Big Muff
Ross Phaser
Boss DD-6
Quote by fitzyfantastic
I knew a dude that had a custom Strat with a birdseye maple neck, and he didn't even own a case! I wanted to shoot him, and take his guitar. God, those necks are lovely.

omg i would of knocked him out and taken the guitar and run with it. and yes theyre very much lovely its just pure sex to me just like ESP guitars and Caparison Guitars