So, I know that agile guitars are pretty revered, but what about Sx guitars? I remeber one guy bought the gg2 and gg4 (explorer and sg copy, respectively) and loved them both. so for the questions...
-How do the play like (like an esp, ibanez, gibson, etc)
-Are the LFR's any good?
-would they compare to somethin like an Ibanez rg321?
-are they solid?
- are they decent/good/great in general?

Any info would be helpful, and thanks to those who do contribute

-Guitarist X
Esp Ltd EC-400
Wylde Overdrive
Dano Eq
Fab Chorus
Boss Ns-7
Boss Me-50
Jcm 800 (to be replaced soon)

BIG
no
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
^ What an ass. I've heard that the Explorer copies have big jacks and so the cable will fall out now and then. But nothing $10 dollars couldnt fix. I wouldnt expect the LFR's to be good. The whole guitar is cheaper then an OFR by itself.
wow, SOMEONE'S helpful
explain your reasons please, posts like above are anything but helpful

EDIT: I meant the guy who replied first
Esp Ltd EC-400
Wylde Overdrive
Dano Eq
Fab Chorus
Boss Ns-7
Boss Me-50

BIG
Last edited by Guitarist X at Jul 10, 2006,
They seem like guitars that'd be worth fixing up and modding. But nothing good stock.
sx makes solid beginner/intermediate guitars. i have one of their basses, a jazz-bass copy, and its a solid instrument. true with the guitars as well. good solid instruments that will last for some time. they are also good instruments to mod and upgrade. i wouldnt trust the FR, b/c it seems rather cheap. but it is a good buy overall.
Well i have heard really bad things about them (even Guitar Player, who IMO feels kinda to "nice" in their reviews disliekd it).
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by rnrsoldier1461
dont even think about an sx, its like worse than a squier

Comparing my SX Bass that I got for $100, I'd say it is atleast of equal quality to my friends MIM Fender Bass that he has, and it BY FAR surpasses Squier Basses, my friend bought a Squier and wishes he got a SX like me now.

But then again I've just played one of their basses, none of their guitars, for all I know they could just be hit or miss, because I've also heard that they are crap, but mine's awesome. I wish I lived in NJ so I could try out all the SX and Agile guitars, heh.
do you know when that review was or could you post a link?
I was thinking of getting either gg2 (explorer copy) or one of the seg1 (ibanez copies)
I know pickup and tuners need a replacin, but other than that are things such as fret quality good?

http://www.rondomusic.net/gg2.html
http://www.rondomusic.net/segstdplus.html">http://http://www.rondomusic.net/segstdplus.html
www.rondomusic.net/ps970floyd.html
Esp Ltd EC-400
Wylde Overdrive
Dano Eq
Fab Chorus
Boss Ns-7
Boss Me-50

BIG
Last edited by Guitarist X at Jul 11, 2006,
ive got a SX vintage strat and with it being cheaper than a Squier it still kicks most high end Squiers if you were to mod it like i am at the end of year
i had a les paul from sx some while back, nd it kicked much ass. just as good as my epiphone les paul custom. but the stock electronics suck.

im about to buy the cream colored vintage strat with maple fretboard, just so i have a strat. im gonna replace the pickups to yngwie's, and try to scalop the neck.
If I was to get somethin in the 300$ area from them, I'd probably get the Ps-970 (in Black Cherry when they restock), or MAYBE the Al-2500 with floyd (probably not though) I say not because I have an Ec-400, and aren't really lookin for another Les Paul body. As for the Ps-970, it has a floyd, and looks pretty sexy in red (My Ec is black cherry also though)

But ANYWAY, I asked for Sx stuff because once I sell my old gear, I'd probably have around 200$. Knowing that Rondo has good stuff for cheap, I did the logical thing to do. But what I want on the guitar, is
-a Floyd
- better in black
-NOT a strat (I don't like)
Which is why I was looking at the ibanez copies (SEG series, does ANYONE have one?)
I've heard that Sx guitars have fat necks? that true? and how thin are agile necks (like the ps970), as thin as, say my esp?
Again, info if you got it
Esp Ltd EC-400
Wylde Overdrive
Dano Eq
Fab Chorus
Boss Ns-7
Boss Me-50

BIG
Lemme just sum it up

My budget is 200$, MAYBE 300.
want a floyd on it
preferably in black
NOT a strat
Play good ol' Metal
Is the hardware solid on Sx guitars (especially the floyd?)
Do they play well?
http://www.rondomusic.net/seg1std.html or
http://www.rondomusic.net/ps970floyd.html

anyone else?
Esp Ltd EC-400
Wylde Overdrive
Dano Eq
Fab Chorus
Boss Ns-7
Boss Me-50

BIG
Last edited by Guitarist X at Jul 11, 2006,
The guy you're thinking of is Chazzy29. I think he got banned, but anyway...

He thought they were decent guitars, but needed a lot of work to be playable. I think he was planning on switching just about everything on them out. Tuners, pickups, hardware, wiring, pots, everything.

Personally, I wouldn't trust them. If you want a non-strat shaped guitar with a FR, I believe Agile makes a Les Paul styled one with a FR. I'm pretty sure it's ~$220, but I may be wrong.

Agile makes good guitars-a lot better than SX. I'l try to find a link to the Agile LP I mentioned. If they still have it, I'll edit with the link.

EDIT: Found the link. It comes in Black and White and is $250. It's probably your best bet in that price range.

http://www.rondomusic.net/al2500blkfloydrose.html
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Last edited by Xenn99 at Jul 11, 2006,
Thanks Xenn, but like I said, I wasn't looking for an Lp body. As much as I want it in black, it's almost the same. I'll debate with myself later.
The Ps970 is the same color as my Esp, but different body
The al2500 is BLACK, but same body
damn. Does anyone have either guitar? Any pther guitars they might compare to?
Btw, I think Sx is almost out. but I might still order it, return if it truly sucks.
Esp Ltd EC-400
Wylde Overdrive
Dano Eq
Fab Chorus
Boss Ns-7
Boss Me-50

BIG
HI GX,

I wish you would have said $400. Here is the answer I would have given you.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Damien-FR-Electric-Guitar?sku=513103

Schecter Damien Floyd Rose.

I almost got that one. I bought the Schecter Omen 6. Sent it back, and now I am waiting on the Ibanez RG321 to be delivered.

Maybe I am way off but from your description this guitar fits the bill. Except for the BILL LOL.

Picking a guitar is hard. I am having a helluva hard time myself. GOOOOD LUCK!
Quote by Guitarist X
wow, SOMEONE'S helpful
explain your reasons please, posts like above are anything but helpful

EDIT: I meant the guy who replied first

ok fair enough. But, i do not really think they would be worth your trouble, some of the higher end models might, but then you might as well get a higher end guitar from another brand which will probably (not certainly, mind) be better. They are, however, not bad starting guitars seeing as you can get them in all shapes and sizes to satisfy a beginner, but i take it you are not, so that doesnt help.

sorry
JM
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Quote by Gabel
Well i have heard really bad things about them (even Guitar Player, who IMO feels kinda to "nice" in their reviews disliekd it).

That's probably only because Rondo doesn't drop a huge wad on advertising in Guitar Player.

I've liked the ones I've played. I tried an upper end Tele in their line and the SJM Jazzmaster-ish thing. Both were better than I anticipated for the 100-250 bucks they cost. Never tried one with a LFR, though. Overall build quality on the ones I played was superb.
I have an Agile al3000 prestige in black and nickel that I'm very happy with and I put emgs in it. I wanted to try an SX guitar and decided to drop a hundred on one. I wanted the SX mockingbird but they were out of stock that time. When they got some more in they were $119.99 and I bought one in black. It became a project guitar already. It was playable but with high action. Didn't sound bad either. I decided to work on it because of the neck. I haven't felt a neck that was wider (1 3/4" at the nut) and has bigger frets. A very interesting neck and I got busy with a stone and leveled the frets. I got the action down some and then the bridge bottomed on the guitar. Still has a little high action but quite playable and enjoyable. Turned out to be a fun 6 pound guitar. Also the knobs and the switch are the same place as on the les paul.

Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Well, it seems the Sx line is kind of a hit-or-miss type of thing, either that, or it needs lots of lovin and work, so I guess last ditch effort
The Damien looks pretty good, would that be as good as say, an Ltd Kh-202, or the ltd mh-250 fm? How does the Damien neck feel (fat, glossy, satin, thin)
all have Floyds (though licensced), but any idea of which would last the longest, or better yet, a direct swap for an OFR?
As for the Mh-250, it is an Agathis body, but has a neck through Maple, so, the tone wouldnt be so terrible, or would it? as for the floyds on the under 1000 series Esp's, how are they, and could they be swapped.

By the way, your forgiven J.Mit.Metallica
Esp Ltd EC-400
Wylde Overdrive
Dano Eq
Fab Chorus
Boss Ns-7
Boss Me-50

BIG
I just got my hands in a SX GG2, it really kicks ass on that price range, and even other double priced guitars. For my personal experiences, i no longer trust Ibanez or Epiphone, Specially Ibanez. I like the sound of epis, but they feel a little overpriced an there is no need to get one, since RondoMusic exist and gives us cheap solid guitars.

U cant go wrong with a SX gg2, they are soooo cheap that even if you didint liked it would not be much of a set back.
Cast in the name of God ye not guilty
My SX Strat and Squier 51 are both good guitars but they both have their own problems. Both are definitely worth what they are selling for.

Adios.