Hey ppl , this seemed like it should fit in to the gear section

so.. i was in the local music shop "bonners" in eastbourne and i was trying out a morley classic wah, first time i had tryed a wah pedal. I was using a Fender FM65 1x12 combo
first on the cleans witch was good for a ss amp but damn was it loud im talkin was on a few mm past "1" and was scaring my nan that just happend to be in the shop. anyway
i thought "need gain, lots of gain" so switched to the od channel and.....nothing.

im thinking fuk its busted..but i could just about hear it *faintly* so i turned it up - the faint sound got louder and louder as i turned it up in the space of about 30 seconds at last i got to 10 and as i was saying "wtf?"

BANG BIG FUKING BANG

like omg terrorist bang bomb dead and gone sorta bang
the volume was still on 10 so i turned it down then off
i was dizzy , i couldnt see straight, i couldnt hear....much.

it felt like god smacking you in the head with a big holy hammer.

i talked to the guys at the other side of the shop, one says "yup...happend again"
the other says "i hate that amp"

so anything like this happend to any of u guys - any unearthly volume nukes cought u by suprise

let me know

alex
gear4music indianapolis // Blackstar HT-1R Metal
were you sitting down? i would have fallen off the stool/chair and hurt myself even more.
haha
Personally, I would have saw that coming if it was quiet at loud volumes but oh well.
I thought you meant the amp fell on your head by the title...
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Oh, ****! One of the amps at my school did that!

We have this old Marshall Valvestate (v80, about 20 years old now). It's been abused for a while and it's broken. I turned it on and you could hear it hissing, you know, the sound an amp makes...but there's no guitar signal.

The amp can be really loud, so I dialed in volume s-l-o-w-l-y and very carefully....eventually I got some tone, but it was really really REALLY quiet. Then suddenly.............

BANG!

It emits this INSANELY LOUD ROAR! AND IT DOESN'T STOP! It scared the crap out of me (i'm exceptionally frightened by sudden loud noises). I turned all the knobs down, but it wouldn't stop! I switched it off and felt relieved.

I'm not touching that amp again. It needs new valves.
AHH!!!AHAHAHAHAHAH
that was funny..it happened to me on my TV.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
yea that happened to me twice, once in school and once in a music store. in school the amp (peavey transtube) was set to clean, and someone put the volume on the distortion channel volume and gain all the way up, once i turned on the distortion, there was so much feedback and noise my ear hurt for the rest of the class. the music store experience was worse though, i was playing a peavey classic 30 a tube amp, now for those of you who know tube amps you know their loud as hell. this was one of my first times playing through a tube amp so i didnt know much about em. so i turned it on, it was on clean, ok i see the knobs for the gain channel and i see "post gain "and "pre gain" not knowing that the pre gain actally controled volume, i turned both up all the way then switched to the gain channel. needless to say i almost crapped my pants. my dad was next to me and so almost did too. i turned to volume knob on the guitar down turned to amp off and just sat there. everyone started to look at me, so i like slowley backed away from the amp, put the guitar back and left.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
^.

And that always happens with school amps, people just turn the volume and gain full for when someone switches channels, haha.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
what makes it do that?
GEAR:
Peavey 6505
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez WD7 Wah
custom 5150 les paul

check out my first guitar build, the razorback!
Official Member of the I <3 Schecter's Club, PM Schecter-06 to join.
Lmao. This thread genuinely made me laugh out loud

Thankfully nothing like this have ever happened to me.. *touch wood*
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
HA! I, like RHCP, thought an amp fell o your head!

i have to say, Bonners is one hell of a shop.
Quote by TehJermie
you can get that toneblaster stack at the cost of your dignity.

Quote by silhouettica
fine, screw the cheese sandwich if you must...

yeah i fell to the ground yelling
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
Quote by Alex2zulu
Hey ppl , this seemed like it should fit in to the gear section

so.. i was in the local music shop "bonners" in eastbourne and i was trying out a morley classic wah, first time i had tryed a wah pedal. I was using a Fender FM65 1x12 combo
first on the cleans witch was good for a ss amp but damn was it loud im talkin was on a few mm past "1" and was scaring my nan that just happend to be in the shop. anyway
i thought "need gain, lots of gain" so switched to the od channel and.....nothing.

im thinking fuk its busted..but i could just about hear it *faintly* so i turned it up - the faint sound got louder and louder as i turned it up in the space of about 30 seconds at last i got to 10 and as i was saying "wtf?"

BANG BIG FUKING BANG

like omg terrorist bang bomb dead and gone sorta bang
the volume was still on 10 so i turned it down then off
i was dizzy , i couldnt see straight, i couldnt hear....much.

it felt like god smacking you in the head with a big holy hammer.

i talked to the guys at the other side of the shop, one says "yup...happend again"
the other says "i hate that amp"

so anything like this happend to any of u guys - any unearthly volume nukes cought u by suprise

let me know

alex

Alex was on fire
I was in Guitar Center and wanted to try this amp, but it was too high up on a top shelf so I took a broom stick to shimmy it off, but it just dropped onto my face and knocked me out before I could get out of the way, and thats why guitar center doesn't keep their amps on shelves any more.
You used a broomstick to try and shimmy an amp off of a shelf?

haha

Even if it's not true, it's still pretty funny.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
Last edited by Zeppelin256 at Jul 10, 2006,
wtf? ahh man that's pricless....
Quote by ~AdNy
and for whoever took a dump in an acoustic, your a ****in asshole. they probably had to trash that thing.

Quote by Quantonyne
wow...i love the internet. and i thought putting small furry animals up your ass was weird.
Quote by Gutch220
I was in Guitar Center and wanted to try this amp, but it was too high up on a top shelf so I took a broom stick to shimmy it off, but it just dropped onto my face and knocked me out before I could get out of the way, and thats why guitar center doesn't keep their amps on shelves any more.

lmao
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Gutch220

It has "broomstick" and "shimmy" used in the same sentence. That means it's automatically funny.

See?

"Jimmy used a BROOMSTICK to SHIMMY the burglar in his house into a coma."

See? Instant funny.

And topic creator, I laughed out loud after reading your post. You're lucky you didn't blow your eardrums!
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Happened to me at GC when I was testing out Recto's. My and a friend where played a dual and I gave the guitar to him and started talking to one of the sells reps, anyway I come back and he gives the guitar to me and I proceed to chug out some PM'ed metal and just BOOM. MY friend turned the volume to like 8 so yea I was a little shaken up going from about 3 to 8 was a little much I'm just glad I didn't blast out a powerchord or something
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
hahaha, when i was about 8, or 9 i rememebr f*ckin around with my dads amp, and i pushed the channel button when he had his head phones on. idunno wtf happened, but it shot out a high pitched screeching noise. nearly blew his ear drums out. since that dad keeps me locked up in the attic and feeds me fishheads
Even Through The Ðarkest Ðays, This Fire Burns, Always
I was jamming with some guys, and a guy was playing through a 100 watt valve Marshall on really low volume, and the guy said it'd sound better if he turned up the treble, so he reaches over and turns the volume knob instead.. Before I could tell him, he hits a chord and
BOOM!

I feared for my life.
ESP H-300 (EMG81/85)
Ibanez RG570
Ashton VP30
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CE-5
Boss DS-2
Behringer EQ-700
Member #12 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.
Mr T of the Avatar A-Team.
Quote by Killswitch_77
hahaha, when i was about 8, or 9 i rememebr f*ckin around with my dads amp, and i pushed the channel button when he had his head phones on. idunno wtf happened, but it shot out a high pitched screeching noise. nearly blew his ear drums out. since that dad keeps me locked up in the attic and feeds me fishheads

Ok there, Hugo... lol
Quote by bradbradbrad
I was jamming with some guys, and a guy was playing through a 100 watt valve Marshall on really low volume, and the guy said it'd sound better if he turned up the treble, so he reaches over and turns the volume knob instead.. Before I could tell him, he hits a chord and
BOOM!

I feared for my life.

Marshalls are known for being ****ING LOUD.

You know what sucks? Cheap power attenuators, like Marshall's own PowerBrake. Imagine if you got a cheap chinese one, and then as you were trying to record something at low volume, it suddenly breaks.
Now that would cause a serious
BOOM!!!
I remember one time, when me and some friends where coming back from school, the guy who carried my amp around (everybody has that kid that hangs around and you make him do everything for you...right ) had turned all the knobs to 10.
So, when I plugged it in at home, imagine my surprise as, not only did it go

BOOM

but because it's a Cube with effects, he had tremolo and reverb on, so it was more like:

BOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOM and so on and so forth

We all were utterly flabbergasted.

I finaly got to use flabbergasted in a sentence
Quote by madpickin03
"I'd like a Big Mac and a Coke plz"
"Do you want fries with that sir?"
"No i want an RG7620 to go with it, no ketchup, Vampire Kiss finish"

Quote by chevellerox2005
who is ozzy? must not have made that much of an impact ya douche

^
I was in Musicstop awhile ago and some jackass was trying the Peavey Penta stack (140 watts tube). And that's keep in perspective that this isn't GC, Musicstop is a small shop. He didn't know about tubes warming up, so he turned on the amp, and he wasn't getting any sound. Then he thought it was the volume, so he dimed the volume on the amp and on his guitar. Then, he tried playing but he could still only hear it very softly through the amp. But it was getting a little louder as the tubes warmed up, and suddenly BAM! The tubes got warm and the amp just about blew the kids head off. He was standing right in front of it. Unfotunatey, he put down the guitar right afterwards, and the volume and gain were still cranked which means my ears almost bled as a result of the aweful feedback. Hopefully he'll ask for help next time he tries to use a tube amp.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join