Just a slow blues jam I recorded, I play the rhythm and lead. I was mainly trying to work on my rhythm, I've been told my timing is awful. So anyways if you've got time listen and crit.

http://viruk.dmusic.com/

P.S. I did something with putting rhythm on left and right sides of speakers so it sounds best when you listen with headphones.
what is the music theory and what does it teach you, like scales, solos, and to build speed???

Check out my recordings
The rhythm could do with more groove... I think that'd help! Its not bad though, good effort. I like the fact you play it cleanly and slowly, not just trying to play as fast as you can like alot a people.
Sounds like you need to work on your phrasing a little. You don't have to be constantly playing, with every note imediately followed by another. Listen to some B.B King, or maybe T-bone Walker and you'll see what I mean.

It might help to imagine you are playing a sentence... like the first phrase you play is a question, which is then followed by an answer. Just some ideas.
The rhythm was so simple cuz I'm terrible at timing like I said so I gotta start with simple stuff. I know what you mean though, I'm able to do more groovy rhythms but not.. properly in rhythm.

As for the phrasing, I understand. I'll work on that for next time.

Thanks for crits
what is the music theory and what does it teach you, like scales, solos, and to build speed???

Check out my recordings