im looking for a guitar from $400-$600. in your oppinion is ESP, Jackson or Ibanez the best. im looking at the jackson RR3. i got a ESP Viper 100 fm and i like it alot but i want to upgrade. i usually play metal and hardcore stuff.
Last edited by sandman321 at Jul 10, 2006,
go into your local guitar store and try them out it also depends on what type of music you play for which guitar is the best because they are all good
<sorry about the giant post, it is worth reading though>

In that price range, The LTD M-400 or Mh-400 would be the best choice if you want a Floyd rose. The liscenced one on them is quite good. Mine stays in tune perfectly. If you dont want a trem, get the LTd viper 400, F-400FM, EX-400, EC-400, Mh-400NT, or the H-400. Most 0f them are 600 bucks, but the mh-400 is 660 (because of the trem). Try to avoid any LTDs under the 400 series. The lower series models use crappy sounding wood. The 400 series guitars all have either EMG-81-85 sets or Seymor Duncans. They all have set thru or neck thru construction, beautiful finishes, many of them have quilted maple, all but 1 of them are made of mahogany (the m-400 is made of alder) and the playability is simply amazing for the money. If you live in the western U.S, Order your guitar from drumcityguitarland.com. They are the largest independent dealer of ESP guitars. They include around 30 bucks worth of freebies with the guitar. IF you are in the eastern us, try Carlinoguitars.com. The reason it is better to buy from either of these guys is that if you just order one at your local store, it may take up to 6 months for it to come. I got mine within a week. I own the MH-400 and love it.
Last edited by hessian101 at Jul 10, 2006,
if you can stretch to $700, I'd say Ibanez, the rg1570.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
About the RG1570: it has a REALLY thin neck. If you like that, then get it. But the LTD F-400FM or f-500's neck is just as small as the wizard on the RG1570. Plus for the same money, you get Neck through construction, EMG's, FLame maple top, mahogany body, and awesome looks. Just my opinion on the matter. I know there are people who disagree. I'm just trying to help you get the best guitar. Its also 50 bucks less than the rg 1570.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure the LTD AX model series has a super thin neck as well.
Last edited by hessian101 at Jul 10, 2006,
i highly recomend the jackson rr3 (dont get any lower versions like the Js30rr and RX10d)
"We could only wonder what he would have accomplished is his life hadn't ended so early"

----Randy Rhoads----
Quote by hessian101
<sorry about the giant post, it is worth reading though>

In that price range, The LTD M-400 or Mh-400 would be the best choice if you want a Floyd rose. The liscenced one on them is quite good. Mine stays in tune perfectly. If you dont want a trem, get the LTd viper 400, F-400FM, EX-400, EC-400, Mh-400NT, or the H-400. Most 0f them are 600 bucks, but the mh-400 is 660 (because of the trem). Try to avoid any LTDs under the 400 series. The lower series models use crappy sounding wood. The 400 series guitars all have either EMG-81-85 sets or Seymor Duncans. They all have set thru or neck thru construction, beautiful finishes, many of them have quilted maple, all but 1 of them are made of mahogany (the m-400 is made of alder) and the playability is simply amazing for the money. If you live in the western U.S, Order your guitar from drumcityguitarland.com. They are the largest independent dealer of ESP guitars. They include around 30 bucks worth of freebies with the guitar. IF you are in the eastern us, try Carlinoguitars.com. The reason it is better to buy from either of these guys is that if you just order one at your local store, it may take up to 6 months for it to come. I got mine within a week. I own the MH-400 and love it.

i highly doubt drumcityland are the largest independant dealer of ESP guitars in the world though. and to the ts if you like changing tunings dont bother with floating trems theyre practically a pain in the ass for changing tunings. but yeh the LTD's recommended will be alright for your music choice