If anyone has ever played the tapping section in Eruption and knows a way to keep the other strings muted while your playing the lick on the b string let me know plz
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
Quote by rnrsoldier1461
with the palm of your right hand try to mute the other strings... if you know what im talking about

its a 2 handed tapping lick its kinda hard
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
Do you mean keeping the other strings quiet? You might be tapping too hard. Being delicate and precise is the best advise that I can give you.
Quote by God Am
Do you mean keeping the other strings quiet? You might be tapping too hard. Being delicate and precise is the best advise that I can give you.

very well said...by practicing it alot you will be able to get the tapping more concise but to mute strings you could rest your pinky finger across the e string not being used (assuming you are doing the hamer on and pull of with your first and third fingers)
thanks
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
If you've seen Satriani tap, he makes it painfully obvious that he doesn't mute the strings at all. He's just precise about it. I think that a lot of tapping has a lot to do with tone. I don't know, though. I've never had any trouble with ringing notes. Just keep practicing, and find out things that are comfortable for you. Nothing comes easy.