Page 1 of 2
every body is always saying how every emo band wears make up but can you actually name a band that is good and respected that wears make up

the only one i can think of is i have seen one picture of Conor with make up on but just the one
AFI used to be pretty good.

But not emo I guess.

EDIT: I'm guessing girls in bands don't count.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

Quote by CanCan
KISS!

Rock on.

of course, KISS's emo phase in the 90's
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
Wearing make-up and playing good music?!

Now this is going to involve some serious thought....

TBS? I'm sure I've seen Adam wearing make-up before
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
KISS are like the lamest of the lame. Any band that decides they need to make coffins and open cafes with their name slapped all over should be shot.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
And condoms and just about everything else you can imagine.
Quote by emomints
Green day have to be one of the biggest emo bands in the world (and I still love them). Which do you lot think is there most emo song 'coz me and my friend can't decide lol
^ They even did condoms

http://www.stereogum.com/archives/002785.html

Gene treated/treats KISS too much like a business. I understand its the way he made his money, but there's doing it respectively and for the music, and then there's his way.
Like Stereogum said, "this has to be Gene's worst idea since 'Firestarter'". That was such a shocking cover.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
kiss were godly awful

i dont know

i dont respect bands that sing about rock and roll.

dya get me

its like they make it too obvious that theyre rock music.

"iiii wanna rock and roll all nightttt and partyyy every dayyy"

"god gave rock and roll to you"

it's just like...youre a rock band. we get it.

besides, one of them looked like a cat when painted up.

GAY.
Uh.... The Cure? Not technically emo, but there are similarities between their music and emo.
Stevie Wonder wears a crapload of make-up.

He's actually white before he gets it on.
And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.
IMO It's Aiden.

But since when does wearing makeup effect playing? Alexi Laiho wears eyeliner and he's an awesome guitar player.

Gear
Gibson Explorer
Epi Les Paul Standard

Amp
B-52 AT-100 Half stack.

I wonder who's idea it is for these bands to wear make-up? Whether it's their's or their managements
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
But since when does wearing makeup effect playing?

it doens't but all the zepplin shirt wearing trend fallowers haven't figured that out yet
Quote by sonixon
I still love AFI and davey sports the makeup from time to time.

Yepyep.
AFI totally wins this one for me.
BIIGFTJ?
(Jack) why teh fuck do people still have rottweilers/pit bulls?
(Lucy) why the fuck not?
(Jack) because they have a strange tendency to EAT YOUR CHILDREN
Quote by frd_marshll
i totally forgot Robert Smith i love the cure

Me too, they're freakin' awesome!!

But I this thread is lame.. At least the threadstarter is..
Did you see the stylish kids in the riot?

Quote by pinheadslts75
I hate AVA. They sound like U2 and Rush getting beat up by Panic at the Fall Out Boy.

:stickpoke
Quote by s0nofabe4ch
Do Green Day count?

Naaa, I think they only wore make-up when they started touring / promoting the new album... I'm sure they would never have been seen dead looking how they look now when they first started out.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Placebo Placebo Placebo.

Can't say anymore than that.
Absinthe maketh the heart grow fonder
Quote by Xiang
Placebo Placebo Placebo.

Can't say anymore than that.

Ah yes, good old Placebo. I remember when I first saw them on telly, I thought the singer (Brian?) was a woman
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Quote by Yakult
Ah yes, good old Placebo. I remember when I first saw them on telly, I thought the singer (Brian?) was a woman

Absinthe maketh the heart grow fonder
Nobody respects emo...apart from emos (yay). Doesnt RHCP's singer (anthoney keidis?) He wears it sometimes i think. The good bands that wear make up arent respected by most people...namely AFI and MCR.
The Cure, Smashing Pumpkins, David Bowie...

Just for the record, I'm not "emo" by any means, but I respect it. I think it's a genre of music that serves a purpose. I won't extrapolate. Hell, I even like some of it. Not Connor Oberst though...his voice is terrible. Just thought I'd throw that in.
Hi, I'm Peter
Last edited by Dirk Gently at Jul 14, 2006,
Quote by Dirk Gently
The Cure, Smashing Pumpkins, David Bowie...

Just for the record, I'm not "emo" by any means, but I respect it. I think it's a genre of music that serves a purpose. I won't extrapolate. Hell, I even like some of it. Not Connor Oberst though...his voice is terrible. Just thought I'd throw that in.

At least you could spell his name right.
Quote by emomints
Green day have to be one of the biggest emo bands in the world (and I still love them). Which do you lot think is there most emo song 'coz me and my friend can't decide lol
the difference between emo bands wearing making up and any other band wearing make up is that emo bands do it in a very stupid way..

seriously, theyre not original for putting on make up in the first place, then on top of that they all wear these gay ass clothes to compliment their makeup.

i hate all thse emo bands alot more than i ever have because theres so many bands out there that try to grab fans with the whole "fashion statement" deal..
Page 1 of 2