Of course, We all know the current shred guitars are Ibanez and Jackson. But I was just wondering, can schecters be used for shred? I plan on getting the Schecter Hellraiser with EMG 81/85 and a Floyd Rose. But I have yet to play it, so I suppose iI should, but I was just wondering if anyone has had experience with this guitar. Also suggest shred guitars such as the Ibanez RGT320RBB.
if you can play any guitar fast enough to shred on, it can be used for shred.
The Gear:

Custom Strat
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Ace
Fulltone OCD
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
MXR EVH-117 Flanger
Fulltone Soul Bender
True, but appearantly its easier to play on thinner necks. Although I;ve never really noticed a difference.
they should be. if its a floyd rose, so the actions is adjustable. even if its too high, that can be fixed. only thing left if neck and fret board....and schecter is supposed to do a pretty decent job on both. go for it.
cool thanks man, cuz my friend is desperately searching for an Ibanez and he was going to get the RG1570, but the finishes were too gay for him
DUDE, have you ever seen Never more, the man shreds the **** out those Hellraisers (Schecter). Check him out on YouTube.

Hudson "redchops" Handel
myspace.com/redchops
i have a Jackson and a shecter and im telling you the necks are so similar that it doesnt make much difference. schecters are better for the money in my opinion.

Anyways shred doesnt come in the guitar its in the player.
i find the whole theory of thinner necks making you faster to be BS..its all about what feels best to you. if thinner necks work better for you then fine, but just because a neck is thinner doesnt necessarily mean its faster..and yeah redchops made a good point, jeff loomis of nevermore uses a hellraiser and hes insane.
Go get your shovel.
Music Man
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
Ibanez>Schecter .... Schecters have worse fret access, their necks are fat, and they are finished so their slow and feel like ****.

Get an Ibz.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Quote by ClassicAxe
Ibanez>Schecter .... Schecters have worse fret access, their necks are fat, and they are finished so their slow and feel like ****.

Get an Ibz.

everything you just named is about preferences that you personally have. i disagree with everything you said but only because i prefer necks the way schecter makes them. the only way that the guy is gonna know what he wants is by trying both out.
Go get your shovel.
Quote by SynGates7X
everything you just named is about preferences that you personally have. i disagree with everything you said but only because i prefer necks the way schecter makes them. the only way that the guy is gonna know what he wants is by trying both out.

Thats cuz your a syngates fan boy and ur buddy gates uses one correct?

Have you even ever played a nice prestige RG...

Yeh , good job on figuring out thats my preference, it was blatently stated in my post when i said felt like ****. You dont have to reply with your disagreements, you already posted in the thread. Dont come back with more garbage.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
if you've seen or played a schecter than you'll know that they do not have crappy access. They have practically no heel. The only ones that may be a problem is the omens and i think 006 deluxe which are bolt-on and therefore have a plate/heel. but most schecters are set-neck with ultra-access including the hellraiser.

Their necks are thicker than Ibanez and imo are indeed slower but not ****, but that's all preference anyways.

Anyways, schecters can be shreddable.

Ibanez prestiges are nice guitars too, and i like their necks, but imo the speed has nothing to do with the thickness but with the way it's finished or in this case the the way it lack's finish and the way it's sanded. However if we're talking fret access alone the schecter's almost heel-less set-neck beats the Ibanez AANJ bolt-on, but that doesn't mean it has bad access because it's still very good.
Last edited by The 1 at Jul 10, 2006,
Quote by ClassicAxe

Yeh , good job on figuring out thats my preference, it was blatently stated in my post when i said felt like ****. You dont have to reply with your disagreements, you already posted in the thread. Dont come back with more garbage.

um no.. i like schecters because they are good. i like the way they feel and my hands fit better around a bigger neck then the smaller ones. yeah ive played a nice prestige and they are good, i didnt say they were bad. i just have big hands and the bigger neck feels better than small ones.
Go get your shovel.
personally(sp?) i have a finished elitist neck which i think is quite thin for an sg, but if your hands sweet the neck gets sticky and quite hard to play.
This is my opinion ofcourse.

enjoi
Im a firm believer that if you can shred you can shred anything. My neighbor just got an epiphone sg out of a starter pack and a crate 15 watt and that thing shreded pretty sweet and you think schecters have big necks.
Quote by ClassicAxe

woah, easy there, i'll take a schecter over an ibanez anyday, schecters dont have horrible fret access i dont know where you getting that from, when i played one, i had great access to all 24 frets, and im like Slash who plays les pauls so dont throw the schecter fan boy crap at me
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
to candy_rock:

I dindn't mean that there's anything wrong with omens (they're decent budget guitars), but ClassicAxe was complaining about worse fret access, and i was making a point that schecter set-necks have practically no heel and great fret access and the only schecters with fret access that can be complained about is the bolt-ons such as the omens.

and i also believe that if you can shred, you should be able to shred on any guitar

the guitar doesn't make the player but it can help
Last edited by The 1 at Jul 10, 2006,
jackson and shecter are both great guitars and ive seen many-a-guitar player shred the hell out of both of them
Quote by Guitarded-0
if yngwie can shred and accoustic you can shred your own cat.

he means an acoustic
Quote by ClassicAxe

Every ****ing thing you just said is opinionated BS. You should state flat facts and keep your opinion what is is; an opinion. Instead of being a mindless Ibanez fanboy, maybe you should keep in mind that not everyone is as closed minded and shallow as you.

To the threadstarter: The only way you'll really know what suits you best is by trying them both. I, personally, prefer Ibanez for shred, but that's just because I love the feel of a slimmer neck. I do like Schecter too, but it's tough to decide.
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
^ OMFGPWNED

i'm sorry

*walks away with shame*

*only to return redignified*
Quote by x_themetalfan_x
Every ****ing thing you just said is opinionated BS. You should state flat facts and keep your opinion what is is; an opinion. Instead of being a mindless Ibanez fanboy, maybe you should keep in mind that not everyone is as closed minded and shallow as you.

To the threadstarter: The only way you'll really know what suits you best is by trying them both. I, personally, prefer Ibanez for shred, but that's just because I love the feel of a slimmer neck. I do like Schecter too, but it's tough to decide.

Exactly, OPINION you dumb ****. I stated my opinion what the hell is your problem mr behringer 15 watt amp canadiian.

I dont like schecters, so i told the thread starter what i dont like about them... Close minded? I like ibanezes, so i reccomended one, does that make me close minded. I reccomend guitars to fit peoples needs, not just ibanez you dumb****. Your about the sorriest ug poster ive seen in a while, what are you doing trying to be some kind of hero? Taking up for nobody?
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
no i agree with x_themetalfan_x , dude all you do is bash others with your own opinions, you never let others get their ideas in its only your way or its wrong. thats the impression i get from your posts but w/e its only a stupid internet forum thats why i just never said anything
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

^ Thats funny, coming from the person who only suggests les pauls.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Quote by ClassicAxe
Exactly, OPINION you dumb ****. I stated my opinion what the hell is your problem mr behringer 15 watt amp canadiian.

I dont like schecters, so i told the thread starter what i dont like about them... Close minded? I like ibanezes, so i reccomended one, does that make me close minded. I reccomend guitars to fit peoples needs, not just ibanez you dumb****. Your about the sorriest ug poster ive seen in a while, what are you doing trying to be some kind of hero? Taking up for nobody?

you didnt say a damn thing as though it were an opinion, you came in talkin sh*t as though it were fact. and then you had to be an immature little prick bringing the synyster gates crap in. just cause theres a bunch of little fags that try to copy him cause they like him doesnt mean everyone does. i use schecters cause i like the feel, not cause synyster uses them. and i dont know why you're gettin on Waterboy for suggesting les pauls,ive never seen you suggest anything but an ibanez unless the threadstarter said to pick between 2 guitars.
Go get your shovel.
Last edited by SynGates7X at Jul 10, 2006,
Quote by ClassicAxe
^ Thats funny, coming from the person who only suggests les pauls.

coming from the person who only suggest ibanez

did i suggest a les paul in this thread, no because its not a shred guitar, i suggest les pauls when the threadstarter will leave room for all kinds of guitars to be mentioned not a specific type, and because les pauls are a well all around guitar yes i do suggest them often, i like em. but i dont only suggest them

Quote by SynGates7X
you didnt say a damn thing as though it were an opinion, you came in talkin sh*t as though it were fact. and then you had to be an immature little prick bringing the synyster gates crap in. just cause theres a bunch of little fags that try to copy him cause they like him doesnt mean everyone does. i use schecters cause i like the feel, not cause synyster uses them. and i dont know why you're gettin on Waterboy for suggesting les pauls,ive never seen you suggest anything but an ibanez unless the threadstarter said to pick between 2 guitars.

Quote by Scutchington

A Brain Malfunction

^ Anything said on a forum such as this one should be considered an opinion unless its something like synyster gates uses a schecter...... I said they feel like **** , which as i said before, is an opinion unless you are either plain stupid or have no common sense.

This is a forum of opinions correct, well whats the deal then.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Quote by Waterboy799
coming from the person who only suggest ibanez

did i suggest a les paul in this thread, no because its not a shred guitar, i suggest les pauls when the threadstarter will leave room for all kinds of guitars to be mentioned not a specific type, and because les pauls are a well all around guitar yes i do suggest them often, i like em. but i dont only suggest them

Please do a search on my posts, and you'll see i reccomend a variety of guitars. I suggested ibanez in this thread, because well, if you didnt notice, ITS ONE OF HIS OPTIONS.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
the deal is you come barging into the thread not 5 minutes into it u already start flaming others for their opinion, all im saying is calm down a bit and take time to respect other opinons before presenting your own

EDIT: i dont know what u do in other threads but well i can honestly say that in every thread iv ever posted in you'v said ibanez.
Quote by Scutchington

A Brain Malfunction

Quote by Waterboy799
the deal is you come barging into the thread not 5 minutes into it u already start flaming others for their opinion, all im saying is calm down a bit and take time to respect other opinons before presenting your own

EDIT: i dont know what u do in other threads but well i can honestly say that in every thread iv ever posted in you'v said ibanez.

yeah
Go get your shovel.
^x2 Well thats because Ibanez most likely would have suited his needs. I suggest ibanez alot, because they are good guitars and i suggest them to people who are looking towards that kind of guitars. I suggest les pauls sometimes though as well, EVEN THOUGH i hate them like hell, but if they fit that persons needs then suggest it, or a guitar similiar prs for example, or possibly s470...... Anything within the persons type of playing and what he looks for in guitars....

I agree i came on harsh and ive read over my posts and i apologize to syngates7x..... But were all very similiar here. You see me only suggest ibanez, i see you only suggest les pauls, and i see syngates only suggest the hellraiser. We all should start reccomending more variety of guitars etc.

Okay, well maybe this will settle down without a mod doing it for us
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Quote by ClassicAxe
^x2 Well thats because Ibanez most likely would have suited his needs. I suggest ibanez alot, because they are good guitars and i suggest them to people who are looking towards that kind of guitars. I suggest les pauls sometimes though as well, EVEN THOUGH i hate them like hell, but if they fit that persons needs then suggest it, or a guitar similiar prs for example, or possibly s470...... Anything within the persons type of playing and what he looks for in guitars....

I agree i came on harsh and ive read over my posts and i apologize to syngates7x..... But were all very similiar here. You see me only suggest ibanez, i see you only suggest les pauls, and i see syngates only suggest the hellraiser. We all should start reccomending more variety of guitars etc.

Okay, well maybe this will settle down without a mod doing it for us

arite i see your point...im grateful for the apology and i do seem to overly suggest hellraisers, ibanez makes very good guitars i just prefer the feel of the hellraisers
Go get your shovel.
well alright

i do admit i do suggest les pauls, cause i love em, we all have our opinons, each to his own, but i like ibanez's and schecters too, glad we can all get that over with
Quote by Scutchington

A Brain Malfunction

Last edited by Waterboy799 at Jul 10, 2006,
dont forget ESP's....alexi laho or however you spell his name, plays ESP's now and hes damn fast. kirk hammet now plays ESPs too and hes also good. the God Forbid guy plays ESP's too.