Hey. I have a friend who is getting ready to buy an explorer type guitar he plays mostly metal like Metallica.He has narrowed it down between the ltd ex260 and the epi goth explorer.Which would give him the heavist rythm sound he plays very little lead. thanks
the esp, it has emgs although not good ones
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
Tell him to go with the Epiphone, it's made of mahoagany. the LTD is made of agathis, not a very nice wood. If he does want an LTD, he should go with the EX-400
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
i agree, out of those two, the Epi would definantly be better, as the LTD is made of Agathis, which sucks.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

Quote by SynGates7X
he should save up for the EX-400

+1, the EX-400 is great for metal, the epi is nice but a pickup change is almost a must for it, but if you like the toggle switch location and pickguard, go for it, but mahogany body+emg=EX-400=teh love
Guitar:
ESP LTD EC-1000 STBC

Bass:
Fender MIA Black/Maple Jazz 4 String
Ampeg B-40 4x10 Cab
Ampeg SVT3 Pro
he should go with just a regular epi explorer and change the pickups

Gear
Gibson Explorer
Epi Les Paul Standard

Amp
B-52 AT-100 Half stack.

or he should save for the LTD EX351. but if he wants to buy now i guess he should go with the Epi
Quote by azn_guitarist25
or he should save for the LTD EX351. but if he wants to buy now i guess he should go with the Epi

what's the difference in the 351 and the 400?
Guitar:
ESP LTD EC-1000 STBC

Bass:
Fender MIA Black/Maple Jazz 4 String
Ampeg B-40 4x10 Cab
Ampeg SVT3 Pro
49. nah serious im not too sure really. many people have preferred the 351 over the 400 since theyre pretty much equivalent to each other.
i know the difference. The bridge and tunners and nut and pick ups are better on the EX-400. But you can get the 351 cheap on eBay and upgrade everything. They are made of mahogany so they are better than the 260. And they come in that pretty gun metal blue
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
ya but they come in this pretty gun metal blue as well
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
The Epi would be the better choice. Pickup change to active EMGs and he's set.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
i was thinkin of gettin an esp cos i love all explorer shaped guitars but the gothic epiphone has a floyd. now i dunno whether to go for the gothic les paul or explorer arrrghhh!!
Private guitar lessons available in West London, UK with an experienced and qualified tutor. Most subjects/styles covered. PM me for more information.