Ok so I wrote about songs that all my friends and family have said to be "radio hits" My next thing is to get them copyrighted. Check. Then I'm guessing i'm gonna need an agent? I wanna get known around the area. So is getting the agent a good idea to book me gigs and get known. I have promotion stuff handled. I'm just really torn on what to do next. I wanna get out there and play as much as I can right now I'm setting up a coffee house tour around the area to show my originals. Should I record some stuff and do an EP before I go out and do the tour. Or what? I'm so lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Worship Mark Tremonti!
hiring an agent = paying money. i'd say, talk to person who owns the studio you have/will record at. im sure they would have a better handle on copyright issues, seeing as they probly see people come and go well enough.
my opinion, book gigs yourself. phone up bars/coffee houses in closeby cities, get a schedule going. you can get someone else to, but, i find it is easier to do those things yourself. more interaction with the owners of the places you may gig at will definitely help, cuz if you do a good job, they'll probly let you in again or possibly invite you back
Quote by Metalology

................../´¯/)
...............,/¯..//
............./....//
....../´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
.../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
.('( ...´(..´......,~/'...')
..\.................\/..../
...''...\.......... _.·´
....\..........(

bassmonkey16@nexopia
ooo yeah i totally forgot your EP idea. talk to owners of local cd stores, find some who will sell your stuff, because not all of them do. im fortunate enough to know a few places in my town where they will sell, theyre policy is, i set teh price, and they take only 99 cents for every copy sold. id suggest recording a demo, 4-7 songs, i find in stores that do sell local stuff they will have a local artist section. which will definitely get you publicity, as people such as myself are looking for extra members, join a different band, etc
Quote by Metalology

................../´¯/)
...............,/¯..//
............./....//
....../´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
.../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
.('( ...´(..´......,~/'...')
..\.................\/..../
...''...\.......... _.·´
....\..........(

bassmonkey16@nexopia
im only 15 so thats why im confused about getting places..people think i would be reliable enough to come play so i figured getting an agent might help get more shows and i would look more professional
Worship Mark Tremonti!