Whats the difference between a Floyd Rose Double-Locking tremolo and a Low Profile Floyd Rose tremolo?
the low pro wont sit well if it isnt recessed. The part where the fine tuners touch would be too low and hit the wood. its just a lower profile trem, it doesnt come off the body as high.
EVH
Ok, the reason I asked this was because I'm thinking about buying a Jackson DKMG Dinky for $750 and it had the double locking one. But they had a DKMGT for $700 with the low profile.

Is it worth paying $50 more for the double locking floyd rose?
id say so, as long as its an original floyd rose. Those are what many guitarists prefer in a trem. Thats all i use. and getting an original new from samash(which is where ive seen the cheapest) is 160 bucks.
EVH
Quote by cochise788
Ok, the reason I asked this was because I'm thinking about buying a Jackson DKMG Dinky for $750 and it had the double locking one. But they had a DKMGT for $700 with the low profile.

Is it worth paying $50 more for the double locking floyd rose?

depends though you would want the jt580 model incase the trem dies out you can replace it with an OFR
The low profile one it's double locking too, it's just... lower profile. But you got something mixed up there, man... The DKMGT is a string-thru TOM bridge, not a tremolo. It's like the RR1 and the RR1T, the RR1 has an OFR and the RR1T is a string thru TOM with the v plate.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
Quote by jmag
The DKMGT is a string-thru TOM bridge, not a tremolo. It's like the RR1 and the RR1T, the RR1 has an OFR and the RR1T is a string thru TOM with the v plate.

Oh, I was just going by what a Musician's Friend catalog said.
what about a Licensed floyd compared to a double locking one or original one?
Cmstar90: i have too lisen to a song for hours just to figure out of one part it sound and how to move my fingers tso that it sounds that way
Cmstar90: when u seem to figure it out in seconds