How exactly would I set and OD to boost my gain? I have it set with Level: Max, Gain: 2-3 and then Tone set to my liking. I use this on my clean channel for a slightly overdriven blues sound.

How should I set the pedals knobs and my amps gain if I wanted to boost my gain on my OD channel?
Quote by jmac72187
How exactly would I set and OD to boost my gain? I have it set with Level: Max, Gain: 2-3 and then Tone set to my liking. I use this on my clean channel for a slightly overdriven blues sound.

How should I set the pedals knobs and my amps gain if I wanted to boost my gain on my OD channel?

Turn the gain/drive down low so it meshes with the distortion of your amp. It should make it sound like the amp has more and thicker distortion. Turn the level down a bit too. maybe halfway. What pedal and what amp are you using.
Make sure that the OD is between the guitar and the amp, not in the effects loop. I have a tube screamer and these are the settings I use. Drive(gain) 9 oclock, Tone 11 oclock, and level at 12 oclock.
But I have a higher gain amp than you so you would need more drive.
ahhhh good old 'gain stacking'

take a page outta Zakk Wylde's book

he does pretty much tthe same thing, uses his sig OD as an extra kick over the edge.. take a look at his rig, maybe read some interviews where he talks about the context in which he uses his od pedals
LYRICS. WASTED TIME BETWEEN SOLOS

l