Page 1 of 2
like the title says, i want a list of some medium to really hard bass songs. list the song name and the artist, please.
bananabananabanana terracotta banana terracotta terracotta *pie*

Quote by Bmm386
I think they should make a GTA paris in like 1795.
Your only goal is to feed your family and keep your horse alive.

Quote by I-AM-NOT-GOD
it hit the twin towers, not the pentagon, idiot
Quote by Captain Chaos
Rush - YYZ - Hard
Rush - The Spirit Of Radio - Hard

question bout rush, n both of those songs, it has a R on the A string for the tab, what does that mean
also maxwell murders- rancid has a hard solo in it, Dig-mudvayne, pulling teeth- metallica,
rush
goldfinger/ other punk/ska
ska
ska
and more ska
rhcp

thats the kinda stuff i like playin on bass... and lots of walking blues/jazz stuff..
sorry i dont know any names to songs
LYRICS. WASTED TIME BETWEEN SOLOS

l
haha ya maxwell murders!

or BOSTON

forplay/long time is one of my favs to play on bass

and under the bridge by rhcp has a nice bass line

or some easy primus - oxymoron, i know
LYRICS. WASTED TIME BETWEEN SOLOS

l
I think it'd be damn near impossible to play "Hamburger Train". Recreating the guitar noise would be hell, you need a ****load of pedals for some of those. But I'm curious as to how Les got that sound.
Quote by BaSsReBeL171
I now believe you are truly the smartest man alive!!! You're a pimp!

I used him alright
The Founder & Fearless Frog of the Primus Sucks Club. PM me to join.
Member of the Mitch Hedberg Pwns club
Fight Ignorance --> www.erowid.org
I Feel Love - RHCP

you need mad 16th skillzzz. Once you have them, it's no trouble.
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
Quote by Jonny182
question bout rush, n both of those songs, it has a R on the A string for the tab, what does that mean

It probably means rest. I use power tabs though.....I never understood the versions I found at most tab sites.
Quote by Captain Chaos
It probably means rest. I use power tabs though.....I never understood the versions I found at most tab sites.

thanks, also i never really got what power tabs are, what are they
^ they actually play a MIDI file (sounds like a video game) of the tab so you can listen then directly copy it, and you can know the tab is correct.

this is an odd one, but yngwie malmsteen's "blitzkrieg" has a bass copying the guitar line in the bridge (HARD!, pick might be needed).
Atheist, Spastic Ink, Cryptopsy, Gorguts etc...

many really technical bands... especially Gorguts .. really weird approach to playing
Finger Style or Slap? For fingerstyle, i actually think Chromatic Fantasy is the hardest.. or The sustained pace of that song is unreal..

Basically, the hardest things are those which are not written for bass, but have been transcribed (like CF)..
Throw away your television-RHCP

It sounds good and its pretty simple to get a rough idea to play it, but trying to keep the shuffle sound is hard.
Quote by IndianRockStar
The bass SHOULD cover the bottom end at the very least.

70's MOD Jazz->
BOSS LMB-3->
Hartke HA3500->
GENZ-BENZ NEOx 2x12->
Xanada by Rush.

Mainly because you need a doubleneck bass/guitar to play Geddy's parts.
haha
Quote by pandathe3
Throw away your television-RHCP

It sounds good and its pretty simple to get a rough idea to play it, but trying to keep the shuffle sound is hard.

With respect, you must be a relative beginner. Challenging to me means having to spend MONTHS learning it, not ten minutes..
Quote by Applehead
With respect, you must be a relative beginner. Challenging to me means having to spend MONTHS learning it, not ten minutes..

I know what ur saying, but i ment the shuffle technique, not the song, it was mearly an example of it cos its hard to keep the feel.

Errrrmmmm, i think' One eyed king' by 'you me and the enemy', that is hard seems as there ain't any tab for it, so you have to listen to it and figure it out.
Quote by IndianRockStar
The bass SHOULD cover the bottom end at the very least.

70's MOD Jazz->
BOSS LMB-3->
Hartke HA3500->
GENZ-BENZ NEOx 2x12->
I used to think that the begining of Conans O'brien's theme song is ahrd , yet i learned basswalking, its really cute.

have ever heard Zonzee??? theyre jazz fusion, theyre basist is sick. they played with mike stern. try hearing "Meatball Bubble"
...And The Nominees Are
Just get some Patitucci, Wooten, Clarke, Miller, ....
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
If you really want to challenge yourself, transcribe something onto bass. Now there is a challenge..
Well if your starting to go into advanced territory have a go at teen town by Weather Report. It isn't super fast as such, just twisty with some at times, odd placement of the notes rhythmically. If you can play this perfectly you will have gained quite good dexterity and rhythm.

A lot of Jaco stuff is great to learn, like his arrangements of Donna Lee,Chromatic Fantasy and America the Beautiful (which he titled as Amerika). Amerika is probably the easiest of his solo pieces and is a nice start into the world of solo playing. His own compositions like Portrait of Tracy which is great for achieving a good grasp of natural harmonics and also pieces like Continuum.

Stuff by Victor Wooten is great for even more advanced players and gives a decent grasp of tapping and a very good grasp of contemporary slapping techniques.

So check out Norwegian Wood (his arrangement of the Beatles tune, I suggest you ignore the flamenco flavoured intro for now though, it is a bit mad), U Can't Hold No Groove, Classical Thump for double thumbing etc.

Stuart Hamm is another good one, check out Country Music for some basic and fun tapping and his arrangement of Moonlight Sonata for more advanced tapping.

Also check out Michael Manring for his amazing solo pieces, even if it is just for inspiration, very few of his compositions are tabbed out by anyone, considering he plays in all sorts of tunings and has some very special custom made basses. But you can find his arrangement of Purple Haze on the net here: http://www.cliffengel.com/bass_lessons/online/free_bass_lessons/solo_bass/purple_haze/

Check out the audio and video section for a video performance by Cliff.

Hope this is of some help.
only ash remains-necrophagist, really hard intro with lots of awkward slurs, takes a lot of practice, a lot of strength and a lot of control.
slammed my penis in the toilet seat when I was 7-8yrs old,when I tried to run away,it got caught and stretched out, now it is huge,and I have the good ol shxtter to thank

Member of the Anti-Hotpunksk8rgirl club. PM X Alkaline 3 to join
Now Your Ships Are Burned - Yngwie Malmsteen

Many fast runs, and a very fast bass solo. Malmsteen records with a pick, but its possible with fingers
Trilogy Suite Op. 5 - Yngwie Malmsteen:P

but make sure to use fingers and not a pick like malmsteen does on his recordings.
from experience..once you know the phrygian runs and whatnot..the song gets somewhat easy..fingers or pick...though I suck with a pick on bass.

and yeah..classical thump - victor wooten has been metioned a few times..but it is quite the piece. i just can't seem to thump

flow my tears - Stu Hamm is fun..but make sure to tap the higher notes.

Magic Mirror - Yngwie Malmsteen also has a few intense runs...

have fun!
Anything by Billy Sheehan mainly cos its all played at 500 miles an hour
Quote by gibsonbrothers
TRY Humpty Bumpty by RHCP

thats not even a song
Quote by jazkel24

Any bands you're trying to copy/sound like?
Quote by Tallman
Classical thump. HARD

Classical thump isn't that imposible once you get the double thumbing down at the start, it takes time to crack it though. The rest of it is just takes practice to remember what to play
slammed my penis in the toilet seat when I was 7-8yrs old,when I tried to run away,it got caught and stretched out, now it is huge,and I have the good ol shxtter to thank

Member of the Anti-Hotpunksk8rgirl club. PM X Alkaline 3 to join
The skill is in the writing, not in the playing!

BB
x
Gear Lists Are For Boys Who Masturbate Too Much.
Quote by gibsonbrothers
TRY Humpty Bumpty by RHCP

I think you mean Hump De Bump? And thats not difficult.
Sea of lies by simphony x
Stratosphere by stratovarius
Take no prisoners by Megadeth
and some others but i dont remember
im a finger player

:quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTwoFoot
It's obvious that those songs were illegally downloaded, so Metallica wanted him to "ride the lightning," if you get my meaning.:quote:
Me my Bass guitar is very hard, it takes a long of control and good use of both left and righ thand playing
Member of UG's Mac users club. PM Metalstillsucks if you are wanting in.

Quote by hendrixmusicman
whats IMO? like Emo? If imo is emo, then buddy, you can just shut up because im in the anti emo army. same with the veggies. I'm classic rock all the way.
Quote by bassbitch
The skill is in the writing, not in the playing!

BB
x

True, but that isn't the point of the thread. He just wants some difficult peices to play.
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
ive got one name for you...Jaco Pastorious....anything by that man on the bass is godlike. (learn chromatic fantasy if you can)
Quote by Yertle
True, but that isn't the point of the thread. He just wants some difficult peices to play.

Oh yeah? I reckon he just wanted to start a thread and he can barely play. he has not replied once since the thread began.

Pah!
Page 1 of 2