So today I was playing my guitar and had an oscillating fan going becasue its hot.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000A0E1T.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

But I stepped close to it with my pickups(EMG-81) almost touching the casing.......the resulting sound was that of an ocean or wind. I played with diefferent effects and distortions. You sould all try it out.

But anyway any one else have any cool sounds that they can make on there guitars?
you can talk into them or put a phone up to the pickups. with a lot of distortion and volume it sounds pretty cool.
Quote by happytimeharry
ig·no·rant

1. Lacking education or knowledge.
2. Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
3. Unaware or uninformed.

also see: elitist asshat
I've found my CD player interferes with my Squire if I ever feel like playing it, and I can get those little voice things like this to go through the the pickups
one time i held a magnet up to my crappy pickups...it made a pretty cool shreik then they smarted smoking and flames came out....then i bought new pickups.....
^ i can smell the bull**** from here...but ya..i put my cell phone up to my squier and it made some sweet noises
Quote by nopoleon779467
one time i held a magnet up to my crappy pickups...it made a pretty cool shreik then they smarted smoking and flames came out....then i bought new pickups.....

Bollocks, the flame could only come from a huge current induced by the magnetic field lines being altered. You would have had to have an incredibly powerful magnet movig very fast in front of the pickups... learn some physics my friend...
My Gear:
Vintage Metal Axxe Razer
Shine Orange thing
Westfield Strat Copy
Self Built Mahogany Thing
Collins CD28CENT Electro Acoustic
Vox Valvetronix 30 Watt
Roland Cube 60
EHX Big Muff
Crybaby
Boss MT-2
Jim Dunlop 0.7mm Picks
I've never tried the thing with the fan, but I'll have to try that sometime. There are some awesome sounds you can make with a guitar without having to use anything but your guitar pick and your thumb, like Artificial Harmonics. Most of you probably know about it, but for those who don't know, I'll explain. Artificial Harmonics is a technique used by awesome guitarists like Zakk Wylde, to make the guitar sound like it's screaming. You use your pick to strike the string but after you hit the string you barely let your thumb touch the string. The sound that comes out depends on where you hit the string at. If you hit the string in the right place, it gives out a screaming sound that sounds extremely Metal. It's something that you have to get used to but it is really awesome when you get used to doing it.
Quote by Dammit Missed T
Bollocks, the flame could only come from a huge current induced by the magnetic field lines being altered. You would have had to have an incredibly powerful magnet movig very fast in front of the pickups... learn some physics my friend...

dude, i'm pretty sure he was just kidding around.
Anyway back on topic there's that trick of putting a remote control to the pickups that i'm sure most people know already.
"Led Zeppelin didn't write tunes that every one liked. They left that to the Bee Gees"
when i have the toe down on my wah pedal, the radio plays through my amp
Motley Crue 2/11/06!
Motley Crue/Aerosmith 11/21/06!
Sanctity/BLS 3/12/07!
Bleeding Through/Slayer/Manson-7/25/07!
A7x/Operator/the Confession/Black Tide 11/25/07!
Van Halen 2/12/07!
Quote by HaKattack
No, I wouldn't. My bear's penis is off limits.
Ooops, I'm really quite sad aren't I
My Gear:
Vintage Metal Axxe Razer
Shine Orange thing
Westfield Strat Copy
Self Built Mahogany Thing
Collins CD28CENT Electro Acoustic
Vox Valvetronix 30 Watt
Roland Cube 60
EHX Big Muff
Crybaby
Boss MT-2
Jim Dunlop 0.7mm Picks
Quote by mockjam
dude, i'm pretty sure he was just kidding around.
Anyway back on topic there's that trick of putting a remote control to the pickups that i'm sure most people know already.

yes i was kidding around when i said flames but it did smoke a little but it was like 3 realy strong magnets so it made some awesome squeels and screeches
Quote by Riffomatic_5000
I've never tried the thing with the fan, but I'll have to try that sometime. There are some awesome sounds you can make with a guitar without having to use anything but your guitar pick and your thumb, like Artificial Harmonics. Most of you probably know about it, but for those who don't know, I'll explain. Artificial Harmonics is a technique used by awesome guitarists like Zakk Wylde, to make the guitar sound like it's screaming. You use your pick to strike the string but after you hit the string you barely let your thumb touch the string. The sound that comes out depends on where you hit the string at. If you hit the string in the right place, it gives out a screaming sound that sounds extremely Metal. It's something that you have to get used to but it is really awesome when you get used to doing it.

Am I mistaken or are those pinch harmonics.......im pretty sure they are, artificial harmonics are when you lightly place your finger above the string. And why is it always Zakk Wylde that people give as an example.
Quote by 319
Am I mistaken or are those pinch harmonics.......im pretty sure they are, artificial harmonics are when you lightly place your finger above the string. And why is it always Zakk Wylde that people give as an example.

Pinch harmonics are a variation of an artificial harmonic. Zakk Wylde is always used as an example because he uses them, in every song (almost) that he plays...like when he and ozzy did crazy train.

Artificial harmonics are where you put one finger on a fret somewhere(lets say 2nd fret high e) you put your pointer finger picking hand twelve frets away from the finger (in this case put your pointer finger on the 14th fret like a natural harmonic with your pick in your thumb and middle finger) and pick it.
Turn on the delay, tap the palm of your hand against the strings over and over at an even pace.

It sounds like an army marching.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar