hey everyone I know everyone has their own styles, their own opinions their own likes / dislikes etc but I just wanted to know what the general view on this guitar is for metal.

Schecter Black Jack 006 w/ JB "59's"

CONSTRUCTION/SCALE: Set-neck w/ Ultra Access / 25.5?
BODY: Mahogany
NECK/FINGERBOARD: Maple/Rosewood
FRETS: 24 X-Jumbo
INLAYS: Black Pearl Dots
PICKUPS: Seymour Duncan JB / ?59
ELECTRONICS: Vol/Tone/5-Way
BRIDGE: TonePros TOM w/ Thru-body
BINDING: Multi-Ply
TUNERS: Grover
HARDWARE: Black Chrome
COLOR: Gloss Black (BLK)

US RETAIL PRICE: $819

Has anyone played one of these before?

Either that or an Epiphone Les Paul Standard with Seymore Duncan JB40's ...

I cant decide arhhhh!
Last edited by sFX10234 at Jul 10, 2006,
No, but you can make your guitar metal for cheap by getting some EMG Pup's.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
yeah, schecter makes some good guitars, i got an omen 6 and it stands up pretty well, for my krappy amp. im getting a hellraiser soon though, and like zekk^ said, they come with active emg's for some pretty crunchin metal sound, too bad it only costs about 700 bucks
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
Ah yeah I cant tho because my electric is a Variax so I need to buy a real guitar.
Buy a guitar with a good body wood, neck, and tremolo, for cheap and put EMG's in it, or get a hellraiser. Those are bitchin'.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
ESP LTD has some nice choices with EMG's in it, I would go with them, great for the price IMO
Guitar:
ESP LTD EC-1000 STBC

Bass:
Fender MIA Black/Maple Jazz 4 String
Ampeg B-40 4x10 Cab
Ampeg SVT3 Pro
I have a C1 Blackjack, I'd say it's aimed more for classic and hard rock, the 59 does cleans well and has less output, the JB is ok, with a pole piece adjustment it can be better, but still is just a decent pickup for all genres but doesn't do anything particularly well. The guitar itself is awesome, but if you're looking for a metal guitar, upgrade the pups to EMG's. I'm upgrading the JB/59 combo to an EMG 81/60 combo, but make sure you have a good tube amp as well.
(Invalid img)

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Guitar Center Exclusive)
The best $300 I spent on anything...
Quote by sethp
listen to RideTheAnger, he is wise beyond his years.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
I think ESP Ltd has the best budget metal guitars. They have nice hardware to start with and feel brilliant.
My gear:

Gibson Gothic Flying V
Engl Screamer Combo
Maxon OD-9
Squier 10w amp
^ I dont think so dude.... Most ltds in the range of up to 500$ in some cases have agathis bodies, and their trems are bad.... Schecters a much better buy with REAL EMGS and a OFR.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Appreciate the advice guys I think ill go with the Schecter Black Jack 006 and maybe for pickups get an EMG 81 and an EMG 60
Quote by pierce34celtic
^ That sounds like a good idea, what amp do you have though?

Marshall MG 50DFX... (yes.. yes..)

I want to upgrade that as well but guitar first..

Oh yeah I also have a Line 6 POD XT
actually its usually better to upgrade amp before guitar. but if you insist on it then do it. btw how does the line 6 sound