Hello everybody, I need your advice on which V to get, I would like the best sound possible, I play a Peavey Rotor EXP right now, and if I can get a V that sounds like that for around the same price, that'd be awesome, if anyone can give me some names, I'll really appreciate it, this V will replace my Ibanez IC-400

Rotor EXP costed me: $400
Gear:
Gibson LP
Marshall
DF-7 Foot Peddle
Last edited by Kain_Doom01 at Jul 10, 2006,
how much is a peavy raptor?? I'm guessing here, but you might be able to get a nice Epiphone V and change pickups?? I really need to know how much you have to spend.
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
MSRP is 999$, so I'd say street price is about 700?

You're pretty close to a Gibson V, right there. You could get a faded(though I don't recommend it) for that price.

Randy Rhoad's Vs are sweet, too. I think LTD makes a couple of them in that price range, too.
Hamer makes some nice V's. They just need a pickup change and possibly a tuner change but other than that they are great.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
Quote by SGStrummer61
Hamer makes some nice V's. They just need a pickup change and possibly a tuner change but other than that they are great.

Hamer, They're a great company, that could go somewhere ^^ With some Grover Tuners and Seymour Pickups....YES! Thank you, and The Gibson V's arn't my cup of tea, although I do have a Marshall amp, they're...um....well...conformist V's....and yeah, and I hate Epiphones, no offence, and LTD Makes a Rhoads V? Do you have a pic of one?
Gear:
Gibson LP
Marshall
DF-7 Foot Peddle
Last edited by Kain_Doom01 at Jul 10, 2006,
Hamer Vector is their $400 model, very solid axe.
Dean baby V
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
I think the Hamer Vector V with some adjustments would work perfectly, thank you all for your suggestions ^^

I'm starting a club, The Anti-Floyd Rose Trembolo Abusers Army PM me to join if you hate what modern guitarists do to them!
Gear:
Gibson LP
Marshall
DF-7 Foot Peddle
Last edited by Kain_Doom01 at Jul 11, 2006,
Epiphone Korina V. They're $500 and are decent with stock pups. They're supposed to sound AMAZING with a pickup change though.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Xenn99
Epiphone Korina V. They're $500 and are decent with stock pups. They're supposed to sound AMAZING with a pickup change though.

Korina V huh?

I've played that guitar before, it needs some new tuners and pick-ups, but I can get the same guitar style/sound with the Vector at only 400, but the Korina V is still decent for its price
Gear:
Gibson LP
Marshall
DF-7 Foot Peddle
i love the rhoads style of v's..jackson and ESP both make v's in those shapes
Go get your shovel.
Quote by Xenn99

I was thinking about getting one of those too.
Member #4 of the iPods Suck Balls Club.
PM Oblivious16037 to join!

Quote by basssoldier
when i was 7 i saw my mom naked while taking a sh** it was pretty sick cuz shes fat....

Quote by Soul Power
Your my hero dementedpuppy.

Last.fm
POOP
Quote by Kain_Doom01
Korina V huh?

I've played that guitar before, it needs some new tuners and pick-ups, but I can get the same guitar style/sound with the Vector at only 400, but the Korina V is still decent for its price

Yeah-I've heard the tuners are kind of crappy on it, but that the pickups were decent for stock pickups.

Over on the Epi forums a guy took one of these and replaced the hardware, wiring, pups and tuners with Gibson stuff to match the original of the same guitar.

He said that it sounded really close to the Vintage Gibson V after the upgrades. Not quite as good, but close. He spent less than $1000 on the Epi V and the upgrades, while the vintage Gibson version was about $10,000.

As for the Vector, do they have a Korina version? Do you have a link to it that I could look at the specs? I haven't heard of Vector before..
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
^ heres the link to the vector xenn

vector . this ones probably a better choice the epi korina. id go with this one. hamer is a great company. i love playing my friends 12 string hamer bass
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Quote by Xenn99
Yeah-I've heard the tuners are kind of crappy on it, but that the pickups were decent for stock pickups.

Over on the Epi forums a guy took one of these and replaced the hardware, wiring, pups and tuners with Gibson stuff to match the original of the same guitar.

He said that it sounded really close to the Vintage Gibson V after the upgrades. Not quite as good, but close. He spent less than $1000 on the Epi V and the upgrades, while the vintage Gibson version was about $10,000.

As for the Vector, do they have a Korina version? Do you have a link to it that I could look at the specs? I haven't heard of Vector before..

Yes, actually, they do have a Korina version of the Hamer Vector (Expensive), here's a link ^^

http://www.hamerguitars.com/?fa=series&sid=501

And here's the Vector i'm gonna buy and modify

http://www.hamerguitars.com/?fa=detail&mid=1457&sid=346
Gear:
Gibson LP
Marshall
DF-7 Foot Peddle
The Hamer does look good for the price, it has better pickups, but only alder for the body.

It really comes down to which sounds better to you. The Korina body on the Epi, or the Alder + slightly better pickups on the Hamer.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Xenn99
The Hamer does look good for the price, it has better pickups, but only alder for the body.

It really comes down to which sounds better to you. The Korina body on the Epi, or the Alder + slightly better pickups on the Hamer.

I'm changing the pick-ups to Seymours anyway, and the tuners to Grover, basically, I'm doing the same thing with the Epi, but with better savings XD, plus, those boomerang inlays are killer XD
Gear:
Gibson LP
Marshall
DF-7 Foot Peddle