I bought my guitar with 10s on it and soon switched to 11's without making any adjustments. I want to put 12's on it now, so will I need to make adjustments? I'd ask a guitar store guy, but the store's in Langley and I am not. I have to go there to get the strings anyway, but I'd like at least a second opinion. My guitar is an archtop with an adjustable bridge by the way.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
probably.

ull need to put them on then measure the neck angle.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
You might need another spring in the body. I had that problem
Quote by jmag

God, you make a 5-year-old seem like master Yoda, as far as patience goes.
^dont think its that type of guitar.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I had 12s on my guitar for a while and it bent the neck out of shape quickly in normal tuning. Unless you're playing a hollowbody guitar, you usually don't put such thick guages on your guitar. They have better tone(excellent for jazz), but on an solid body, you're going to need adjustment. If you have a thin necked guitar, it might not be able to handle it, though.
Quote by Fargalas
I had 12s on my guitar for a while and it bent the neck out of shape quickly in normal tuning. Unless you're playing a hollowbody guitar, you usually don't put such thick guages on your guitar. They have better tone(excellent for jazz), but on an solid body, you're going to need adjustment. If you have a thin necked guitar, it might not be able to handle it, though.

As I said, it's an archtop.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."