I have seen some finger Exercises but they where just for speed. I have a huge hand but I can't get my third and fourth finger to stretch out to play songs such as. AC/DC's highway to hell and others
e--------------------------------------------
B--------------------------------------------
G--------------------------------------------
D--5-5-5--3-3-3--3-3-3--3-3-3--3-5-5-
A--5-5-5--3-3-3--3-3-3--3-3-3--3-5-5-
E--3-3-3--0-0-1--0-0-1--0-0-1--0-3-3-

I have to put my 3rd and 4th finger on A & D strings first then my 1st finger on the E. I know I can barr it but my pinky finger is very weak. I've read somewhere that the webbing in your hand will stretch out allowing your fingers to move more freely. So is there a hand stretching Exercise or do I keep stretching them as far apart as I can and keep practicing?
Its preference, most people would use their 3 and 4 fingers, so do i. Probably better for you anyways, because that type of fingering would help get you use to some differnet type of soloing stuff.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Theres A Fly In My Food
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club, PM deadhead313313

People Wouldn't know good music if it hit them in face
- Frank Zappa

Gear:
Carvin CT3
Digitech GNX3
Peavey Classic 30
you just have to practice. and you're playing highway to hell wrong.
The Gear:

Custom Strat
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Ace
Fulltone OCD
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
MXR EVH-117 Flanger
Fulltone Soul Bender
Try the rhythm for J.J. Cale's 'Call Me the Breeze'. Try doing chords like this -

e--------------------------------------------
B--------------------------------------------
G--------------------------------------------
D--5-5-5--7-7-7--7-7-7-
A--5-5-5--4-4-4--7-7-7-
E--2-2-2-----------3-3-3-

I have enormous ****ing hands, so I can get a fret range from the first fret to the eighth without moving my hand. In your face, small-handed weaklings.
Try warming your fingers up before you start playing, or just mess around before trying to play other people's songs
a good exercise that i like is just playing a G major scale straight up and down, and in different patterns.

e------------------------------------5-7-8----
B-----------------------------5-7-8-----------
G----------------------4-5-7------------------
D---------------4-5-7-------------------------
A--------3-5-7--------------------------------
E-3-5-7---------------------------------------

and this

e----------------------------------------------7-8-11--
B-------------------------------------7-8-11-----------
G----------------------------7-8-11--------------------
D-------------------7-8-11-----------------------------
A----------7-8-11--------------------------------------
E-7-8-11-----------------------------------------------

also try the last one with strign skipping like play the lik on the E then the D then the A then the G, etc.

those help me with my speed and stretching. i also like to warmup with the song "rose of sharyn" by killswitch engage. its got some good stretchingstuff in it. hope i helped man.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by purple_hazer
how long have you been playin?

I have been reading and studying for about five months I've played very little. The only thing I can play is happy birthday and stuff like that.
Quote by God Am
I have enormous ****ing hands, so I can get a fret range from the first fret to the eighth without moving my hand. In your face, small-handed weaklings.

I can get 1 to 6/7 on the low E
As for exercises I just play notes that are far away from each other untill i get used to it and play it 1 more fret further.
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.