I am struggling between getting one of these two guitars. They are both Epiphone Les Paul customs, but one is $600 and one is $700. Here are the links to find out the specs:

this one is $600: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Custom-Electric-Guitar?sku=518350

this one is $700: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Custom-Flametop-Electric-Guitar?sku=518321

Is the second guitar worth the extra hundred bucks? Please help me out.
there are pretty close, i dont think its worth another $100 the 1st one would be my choice.
I think the only difference is the Flametop.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
its a hundred extra because of the finish. it cost em more to make it with that finish so they charge more. get the cheaper one.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
Well, it really depends on how you want it to look. If you prefer the look of the flametop over the regular custom, then get it. And vice versa.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
Quote by Zeppelin256
Well, it really depends on how you want it to look. If you prefer the look of the flametop over the regular custom, then get it. And vice versa.

thats what id say
spend the extra 100 bucks on somethin else like peadals
my rig
Squire strat affinity series, chrome red
Fender jazz bass, sunburst
custom made bass, natural (forget who made it)
Roland jazz chorus 50
Boss DS-1 distortion pedal
and I only use purple dunlop tortex picks
i would get the 600 dollar one, mostly because you are paying the extra for the flame top, which is mostly just a cosmetic thing.
some tone purists will say that it changes the tone of the wood, but i've never bought into that
i have a flamed and a non flamed one, exactly identical except for in finish, but i cant hear any difference in the two

go with the cheaper one and get a couple effects, like a distortion box, wah-wah or a chorus

and thats my 2 cents
kinda like the guy above me

epiphone les paul special II punk (limited edition(black with white skull on body and crossbones at 12th fret))
boss ds-1
dunlop cry-baby (model gcb-95)
roland cube 30 amp
Last edited by flamecsm101boy at Jul 10, 2006,
get the $600 one. theyre trying to rip u off with the flametop
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
I have the flametop and the finish is really nice. If you like the finish then go for it but there is no other real difference.
thanks i think ill get the $600 one. i like the finish on that better then the flametop anyway
Ya I would go with the $600.00 one too. Also I would perefer the solid finish over the flame top one. Just the cosmetics get which ever one you like though.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows