Page 1 of 2
...Hardcore section, maybe?
The Proverbial Mind Spread of The Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.
Originally posted by Draken
we're not nerds thank you very much i have a very respectable 40k imperial guard army.
i love happy hardcore well atleast until the annoyin singin starts
Quote by Jawkster
Pork, Beef, Lamb, Chicken, or Seafood? i say pork- like bacon and pork scratchings

Quote by 4evaroxn
i say vegeterian

Quote by zjp2404
Omg, you like to eat vegeterians?
Last edited by 4evaroxn at Jul 11, 2006,
it has its moments... i dig the music but those vocals get to me sometimes. any recommendations of decent songs, preferably lacking really cheesy vocals?

unluCKY...
from daylight...
...into darkness
Eh it's ok, however i can't stop listening to Dune.
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
Happy Hardcore does not make me happy. It'n my opinion, it's some of the cheesiest music ever made, next to Celine Dion and Power Metal.
Quote by KaosInTheDark
it has its moments... i dig the music but those vocals get to me sometimes. any recommendations of decent songs, preferably lacking really cheesy vocals?

unluCKY...

Just go here, HAPPY HARDCORE and listen to the radio!

Or, if you have iTunes, listen to it from there.

Happy Hardcore is awesome because you can run with it and feel pumped up because of its beat.

Honestly, what would you rather run to, Happy Hardcore or some stupid emo song?
Thought I'd just point this out; I was just listening to Happy Hardcore radio and on one of the DJ's mixes he stops the music and plays an audio file from a comedian who bashes Techno, I thought it was pretty funny.

He basically said, "I don't know what came first the ****ty music or the stupid drugs. The music started with a whole bunch of losers sitting around with a Macontosh and making noises, BEEP BEEP BEEP BOOP. And then they were like, 'This music ****ing sucks!' but then some guy said, 'Take these drugs first' and then the music became good, 'This music ****ing rules!'"
Quote by Guitarplaya27
there is a hardcore section mate
bring it there
then i will talk to you

happy hardcore
not hardcore!!
get it through your head
Quote by Jawkster
Pork, Beef, Lamb, Chicken, or Seafood? i say pork- like bacon and pork scratchings

Quote by 4evaroxn
i say vegeterian

Quote by zjp2404
Omg, you like to eat vegeterians?
Quote by SGRocker0791
What in God's name is Happy Hardcore?

It's basically Hardcore Techno mixed with "hardcore" trance vocals. The "Happy" comes from the beat which is almost always over 160 BPM, thus making it good workout music.

Some of the vocals are kind of... "gayish" but at the same time the vocalist know how to sing decently.

Go to www.happyhardcore.com and listen to the radio. It's on iTunes also, with all the other radio stations, under the Electronica channel. It's called Hardcore.
Quote by New Times
Just go here, HAPPY HARDCORE and listen to the radio!

Or, if you have iTunes, listen to it from there.

Happy Hardcore is awesome because you can run with it and feel pumped up because of its beat.

Honestly, what would you rather run to, Happy Hardcore or some stupid emo song?

yea... i know about that. i was more looking for particular tracks that people like and would recommend.
thanks anyway.

unluCKY...
from daylight...
...into darkness
I've seen heavy heavy low low classified as happy hardcore?

I'm a little confused.
There is no place else to go
The theater is closed
Quote by bajeda
Hardcore or Happy Hardcore?

happy hard. i know plenty of good hardcore/gabber/freeform etc, but not much happy hard.

Quote by s0nofabe4ch
I've seen heavy heavy low low classified as happy hardcore?

I'm a little confused.

no. just no. happy hardcore is a dance genre. heavy heavy low low =/= happy hardcore.

unluCKY...
from daylight...
...into darkness
what the hell is with this "hardcore" last time i heard hardcore was good 'ol head banging screaming stuff
With the blood of the ones he loved
Upon his filthy hands
He took a vow, never
Never to sin again.
Quote by dylan
what the hell is with this "hardcore" last time i heard hardcore was good 'ol head banging screaming stuff

it's been described as dance music's version of hardcore punk/metal many times because it's usually fast and hard, and in the case of gabber, very often distorted. a lot of people who listen to gabber and other types of hardcore dance music also love metal, or used to listen to metal.

if you wanna hear some, i'd recommend some gabber stuff like neophyte, e-noid, ophidian, nosferatu, promo, endymion, and evil activities. in fact, here's a song if anyone wants it (the distorted bass sounds awesome when it's blasted realllllly loud ). it's hosted on megaupload, so click the link then enter the letters from the image on the top right and click download to get the file:

E-Noid - DNA Theory (8.65mb)

on another end of the 'hardcore' spectrum, i'd also recommend some FiNRG (finnish freeform). artists like dj rx, alek szahala, carbon based, proteus, pain on creation, etc. this is a very different style and it's hard to describe. it's basically a mix up of the hardcore style with things like trance and drum n bass, and it works amazingly well. an example (right click, save as):

Alek Szahala - Dryad Machine (3.75mb)

if you're looking for something ridiculously fast, then speedcore is for you. artists like the speedfreak, mutante, interrupt vector and dj plague. check out one of Alek's other songs, it's 400+ bpm and fucking evil (right click, save as):

Alek Szahala - The Human Flesh Engine (4.22mb)

then there's breakcore, which is something like gabber crossed with distorted breaks/drum and bass. artists include noize creator, jackal and hide, venetian snares, scud and doormouse. an example (right click, save as):

Venetian Snares - Salt (4.6mb)

and finally, happy hardcore (also known as uk hard sometimes). it's called this for a reason - the music is pumping and fast, yet it's usually overlayed with really happy/sweet vocals and melodies. artists include hixxy, dj jfx, al twisted, breeze & styles and scott brown. this is what it typically sounds like (the start is a little weird because this was taken out of a mix, after about 1:40 is when it gets into it properly), on megaupload:

Darren Styles - Getting Better (Re-Con Remix) (4.34mb)

lol i got slightly carried away with this post and still didn't really cover everything, but meh. i doubt anyone will actually listen to these, but if you do, and you happen to like any of it, let me know and i'll hook you up with some similar stuff

and if people are still confused about the concept of hardcore being a dance genre and not hardcore punk/metalcore/whatever, i give up

unluCKY...
from daylight...
...into darkness
Hahaha theres so many different hardcore sub-genres.
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff
Quote by CoolDudeMorgasm
Hahaha theres so many different hardcore sub-genres.

Tell me about it, you have Happy Hardcore, Gabber, Terrorcore (funniest one), Noisecore, Rave, Breakcore, Freeform, Trancecore, Speedcore, Old Skool, Schranz, Nu-Style, Digitalcore, plus you can throw happy gabber and hardstyle in there too if you want!
^ haha so true.

so what is everyone's absolute favourite happy hard tracks? i wanna find some good stuff.

unluCKY...
from daylight...
...into darkness
Pretty cool. I never really listened to techno type music. Never knew it was called Happy Hardcore.

Im listening to that Dryad Machine and im about to start raving.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Despite having always hated Happy Hardcore, i was into "regular" hardcore and terrorcore (which we just called terror) around 1994/1995 when these subgenres were starting to get big. That was when the whole gabber scene was really blooming in the Netherlands (gabber is a Dutch word for "dude" or "buddy" or something), and living in a town that had some of the largest parties of the country every weekend, it was pretty much unavoidable to get in touch with it.

I haven't listened to it in ages, but large names were DJ Prophet, Buzz Fuzz, DJ Pavo, DJ Dano, Neophyte and DJ Paul (who later got treated as a sellout for making Happy stuff).
Quote by Nelsean
Pretty cool. I never really listened to techno type music. Never knew it was called Happy Hardcore.

Im listening to that Dryad Machine and im about to start raving.

FiNRG ftw!!!

if you want more, check out the downloads page at http://alek.szahala.com/ for more of his stuff
you can get some samples of dj rx's stuff (really awesome imo, check out Frozen Flame) here

and if you really like it grab some mixes from http://www.finrg.com/index/media/dj_mixes/
i've been listening to dj rx - codex 4 heaps recently, it's a really good mix

Quote by LKW
I haven't listened to it in ages, but large names were DJ Prophet, Buzz Fuzz, DJ Pavo, DJ Dano, Neophyte and DJ Paul (who later got treated as a sellout for making Happy stuff).

the prophet and pavo produce and play hardstyle these days. neophyte is still doing gabber. not sure about the others but i'll check em out

unluCKY...

edit: i like buzz fuzz haven't listened to dano and paul yet though
from daylight...
...into darkness
Last edited by KaosInTheDark at Jul 16, 2006,
Quote by KaosInTheDark
^ haha so true.

so what is everyone's absolute favourite happy hard tracks? i wanna find some good stuff.

unluCKY...

U R My Phantasy

That's a new song I heard on one of Stu Allens mixes (although it might not be new) I heard on Happy Hardcore radio... I don't know why I like that song, most people would probably think I'm gay for listening to it.... sometimes I think I'm gay for liking it and any happy hardcore...

Oh well, I make up for it when I listen to Hardcore Metal, which in a way is much like techno and its hundreds of genres.

Hardcore Nation 3 is coming out soon, that's supposed to be like a 3 disc set with the best mixes, mostly DJ'S from happy hardcore radio.
Quote by New Times
U R My Phantasy

That's a new song I heard on one of Stu Allens mixes (although it might not be new) I heard on Happy Hardcore radio... I don't know why I like that song, most people would probably think I'm gay for listening to it.... sometimes I think I'm gay for liking it and any happy hardcore...

Oh well, I make up for it when I listen to Hardcore Metal, which in a way is much like techno and its hundreds of genres.

Hardcore Nation 3 is coming out soon, that's supposed to be like a 3 disc set with the best mixes, mostly DJ'S from happy hardcore radio.

the original or the darren styles remix? i just downloaded the remix. sounds pretty good, thanks and you're not gay for liking happy hardcore lol

speaking of compilations, i'm getting some of the Bonkers cds from a friend soon, so i'm looking forward to them

unluCKY...
from daylight...
...into darkness
Marusha is cool if you like rave. I like alot of rave stuff. Like Marusha, Human Resource, T99, etc.

To New Times, DC++ has alot of electronic music on it. Its the best P2P to use if you want electronic or foreign music.
Quote by New Times
Where are you downloading all your happy hardcore stuff Kaos?

i found U R My Phantasy on limewire. i usually get stuff from there, torrents, or mixes that people link to on forums and stuff. any other good tracks i should hear?

Quote by bajeda
Marusha is cool if you like rave. I like alot of rave stuff. Like Marusha, Human Resource, T99, etc.

i'll have a look for them

unluCKY...
from daylight...
...into darkness
I got limewire and that DC++ cost money.

Most of the happy hardcore I have I just ripped off Happy Hardcore radio because I can't find any mixes by any of the Happy Hardcore DJ's on limewire.

So, basically, if I hear a mix on HH radio and like it, I have to listen to HH radio 24/7 until the mix is played again and then I got to hope I catch in time so I can rip it with Ripcast.

But it's free... at least for 30mb, then I have to start over...
here's a mix by an acquaintance of mine if you want it:

HAKS - Bittersweet
55mb (128kbps)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A0ULD2JQ

"def not my best mix. Tracks were a bit all over the place and a few mixes sucked. But tis was ok so thought i'd let you hear it. Cheers"

01 - Impact & Resist - Someday (Breeze & Styles Mix)
02 - Dreadhead - On Fire (Hixxy Rmx)
03 - Ultrabeat V Scott Brown - Elysium (I Go Crazy) (Scott Brown Remix)
04 - Darren Styles - Getting Better (Re-Con Remix)
05 - Re-Con - Pullover
06 - Breeze Ft MC Storm - Jump Jump A Little Higher (Gammer Mix)
07 - DJ JFX & Al Twisted - The Jam
08 - Dougal & Gammer - Make Some Noise
09 - Re-Con - Insane
10 - Force & Jack Speed Ft Lisa Abbott - Break Of Dawn (Scott Brown Rmx)
11 - DJ JFX & Al Twisted - Neverland
12 - Evil Angel - Today (Breeze & Styles Remix)
13 - Euphony and DJ Storm - First Kontact

and another:

HAKS - Carpark Doof Mix (Anthems)
92mb
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TIFWEALN

01 - Hixxy & Styles - Rushins
02 - Darren Styles - Cuttin' Deep
03 - Scott Brown - Memories (Plus System Remix)
04 - Heaven-7 - Dance Me
05 - Breeze & Styles - Electric
06 - Scott Brown - This Is How We Do It
07 - The Disco Brothers feat. Andrea Britton - Time Still Drifts Away (Breeze & Styles Remix)
08 - Bimbo Jones - Come Fly With Me (Recon Remix)
09 - Breeze & Styles - Heartbeatz
10 - Brisk & Ham feat MC Whizzkid - Crazy Love (Breeze and Styles Remix)
11 - Hixxy & Styles - The Theme
12 - UFO feat. Shelly - Something To Beleive
13 - Scott Brown feat. Cat Knight - All About You (Breeze & Styles Remix)
14 - Breeze & Styles - You're Shining
15 - Re-Con - Bang 9
16 - Styles & Breeze - You're My Angel (Scott Brown Remix)
17 - Scott Brown - Neck Breaker (Plus System Mix)
18 - Scott Brown - Definition Of A Bad Boy
19 - DJ Kurt - Rock Ya Hardcore (Hixxy Remix)

and here's one with some old stuff that i just found:

Assassin - Back To The Shitter Hole (Agincourt Anthems)
Happy Hardcore (1994)
74.8mb
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=87R7BGU8

01. Annihlating Rhythm - Ultrasonic
02. Seven Days - Dyewitness
03. Rainbow High In The Sky - DJ Paul Elstak
04. Around The World - The Darkraver & DJ Trevor
05. Forever Young - Interactive
06. Pump This Party - DJ Paul
07. Going Crazy (6 Days) - Rave Nation
08. Feel The Music - Scott Brown Meets DJ Paul
09. Technofobia - Bass Reaction
10. Love Is You - Da Happyman
11. What Would You Like To Hear Again - Dyewitness
12. Whoomps! - DJ Gizmo & The Darkraver
13. Rock Da Bass - Ultimate Buzz
14. Now Is The Time - Scott Brown vs DJ Rab
15. I Like Hardcore - Lenny Dee vs DJ Paul
16. Wonderful Days - Charly Lownoise & Mental Theo
17. One To The Two - The Force DJ Team
18. Life Is A Mystery - Eraserhead
19. Dance To Da House - Hardcreation
20. Cold As Ice - Stingray & Sonicdriver
21. Life Is Like A Dance - DJ Paul
22. Here's Johnny - Hocus Pocus

another one:

Kosh-E - Paragon vol.01
103mb
http://mixes.djfez.com/mp3/Kosh-E_pres_Paragon_vol01.mp3

01 Frisky & Hujib ? The one (Original vs Re-Con remix)
02 Breeze & Styles ? Slide away (Sy & Unknown remix)
03 Stabilized feat MC Casper ? Reminisce
04 Gammer ? Pound it loud
05 Stormtrooper ? Rock steady
06 Eclipse ? Things u do (Ham remix)
07 Ian van Dahl ? Inspiration (Re-Con remix)
08 Flip n Fill ? 6 days (Styles & Breeze remix)
09 Frisky & Hujib ? Shake
10 Darren Styles ? Getting better (Re-Con mix)
11 Brisk & Ham ? Taste the rainbow (Robbie Long & Stormtrooper remix)
12 Re-Con ? Pullover
13 Human Resource ? Dominator (Brisk & Ham remix)

and one more:

HAKS - Cue
72mb
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XVUA6NM8

"Mixing ain't the best but this one i did on the fly rather then practice a few times like the carpark doof. Hope you enjoy"

01 - Aluna - All Of My Life (Breeze and Styles Remix)
02 - Darren Styles - Gettin Better (Original Mix)
03 - Mickey Skedal feat. Jenna - Through The Darkness (Dougal and Gammer Renix)
04 - Ian Van Dahl - Inspiration (Sy and Unknown Remix)
05 - Flip and Fill - Pacific Sun (Breeze and Styles Remix)
06 - King Ace - Dark Side Of The Moon
07 - Heaven 7 - This Life (Breeze and Styles Remix)
08 - Re-Con - The Sun
09 - Love Decade - So Real (Styles and Breeze Remix)
10 - Paradise - See The Light (Sy and Unknown Remix)
11 - Plus System - Commence (Sy and Unknown Remix)
12 - Plus System - Make You Freak

enjoy btw i can find more if you want them so just let me know

unluCKY...
from daylight...
...into darkness
I understand that mixes are kind of the whole point of the music, but please try and avoid distributing a ton of copyrighted material through the boards.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
all tracks used on those mixes were obtained legally, and all mixes have not been released on cd or anything like that, just distributed for free on the net by the respective DJs. pretty sure it is legal for them to be distributed for personal use, or DJs all around the world should be getting arrested lol but i guess i'll refrain sorry

unluCKY...
from daylight...
...into darkness
Quote by KaosInTheDark
all tracks used on those mixes were obtained legally, and all mixes have not been released on cd or anything like that, just distributed for free on the net by the respective DJs. pretty sure it is legal for them to be distributed for personal use, or DJs all around the world should be getting arrested lol but i guess i'll refrain sorry

unluCKY...

To be legal they'd have to pay for the use of the tune and either pay a lump sum to the record company before they distributed it or give a bit every time someone took it. Clubs and bars and the like pay for the right to have the music playing to organisations like the PRS.

I've never really delved into the legality of DJ stuff, but I'm pretty sure they at least need clearance from the original artist (or their label) before making copies - although I believe demos to clubs and stuff are fine.
I'm sure the dance community is a bit lighter on the restrictions though as a hell of a lot of people need the tunes to DJ and stuff, just don't want to risk problems for UG with a ton of mixes being shared, a few here and there won't do harm though I'm sure (fingers crossed).
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
i've seen happy hardcore spelled happy hardcre was that juss a type o, or is it like a way telling the difference from non techno hardcore
Kido is the name and i like to rhyme
I'll have you ladies playin with your panty line

Quote by LPIndin
that may be the most ridiculous thing ive ever read (next to the bible, of course)
Quote by andrewbiles
To be legal they'd have to pay for the use of the tune and either pay a lump sum to the record company before they distributed it or give a bit every time someone took it. Clubs and bars and the like pay for the right to have the music playing to organisations like the PRS.

I've never really delved into the legality of DJ stuff, but I'm pretty sure they at least need clearance from the original artist (or their label) before making copies - although I believe demos to clubs and stuff are fine.
I'm sure the dance community is a bit lighter on the restrictions though as a hell of a lot of people need the tunes to DJ and stuff, just don't want to risk problems for UG with a ton of mixes being shared, a few here and there won't do harm though I'm sure (fingers crossed).

Don't worry too much. There are sites with huge databases that give free access to hundreds (sometimes thousands) of DJ sets with no problem.

The electronic music community survives on DJs so they don't cause problems, as some of the bigger more popular record labels might.

Plus the DJ often remixes the songs as he goes these days while mixing so its not the same as just playing songs in order like on a radio station. You are creating a new piece of art out of a collection of songs (or just a piece of crap if you suck )

Edit: I just checked, and I'm pretty sure that its only illegal if you use the song in a public performance (even then it most likely wont be noticed unless its a decent size or more) that you make money from. So the DJ who made the set (if its live) pays the first time (unless its not live then he doesn't) and people can listen to it and download it no problem.
Last edited by bajeda at Jul 26, 2006,
Page 1 of 2