Im having trouble with sweeping bars for example (and im just drawing this out sorta)

-|- 8- - - - - - - - - - - - 8 -
-|- - 8 - - - - - - - - - - 8 -
-|- - - 8 - - - - - - - - 8- -
-|- - - - 8 - - - - - - 8 - - -
-|- - - - - 8 - - - - 8 - - - -
-|- - - - - - -8 - 8 - - - - - -

so Does any one know a good technique or any possible fast way to do this sorta thing
UNLEASH THE FOCKING BURGERS
are you kidding? you just need to hold one finger over the 8th fret on all strings and sweep upwards and then downwards.
"Led Zeppelin didn't write tunes that every one liked. They left that to the Bee Gees"
i mean to hit the notes individually with no ring
Quote by mockjam
are you kidding? you just need to hold one finger over the 8th fret on all strings and sweep upwards and then downwards.

Thats exactly what you dont do N00b
You have to individually hit each note...
Threadstarter, check the video here? On UG
And what the guy above me said, you do roll your finger along the frets
oh ok sorry, my bad.
"Led Zeppelin didn't write tunes that every one liked. They left that to the Bee Gees"
i can do the typical rusty cooley sweeps but barred is hard ill practice it alot - and when i do i usually get things
He's talking about sweep picking, nimrod. Read the topic title.

Personally, I have huge hands, so maybe that helps me. I just use my ring finger to bar the bottom four strings, with each note either lifting up or down a little, each time allowing the previous note to be muted. For the upper two strings, I throw in my index finger.
^actually you are supposed to roll your finger over the strings as you sweep upwards or downwards. That way you will mute the previously played notes so it wont sound like ****.
Its kind of hard to explain, check out pick'n grins lesson archive.There's a lesson there on sweep picking and it explains how to do barred sweeps.
Quote by razorback_89
^actually you are supposed to roll your finger over the strings as you sweep upwards or downwards. That way you will mute the previously played notes so it wont sound like ****.
Its kind of hard to explain, check out pick'n grins lesson archive.There's a lesson there on sweep picking and it explains how to do barred sweeps.

do you think you can link me cause i cant find the lesson