Okay, so I've had a Seymour Duncan Little '59 in the bridge of my Strat for some time now, and I'm thinking of getting it taken out, and the stock pickup put back in. This is mainly because I want that Strat sound again. I went through a phase where I wanted a different sound from my Strat, but now I'm back to just wanting that original Strat sound.

So what do you think? Do you think I'll regret having the '59 taken out? Of course I could always have it put back in, but I was just wondering what your opinions were.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
You should learn to do it your self so you dont have to pay to change between the two.
Quote by Man_In_The_Box
learn some green day. they are totally brutal.
Quote by AngelGC
You should learn to do it your self so you dont have to pay to change between the two.

True I probably should.

I think you should get the originals put back. Looks like some nice Fender Single Coils would sound nice in your rig.

Yeah and I've never played the stock bridge pickup with the amp I have now.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
stock pups in a strat are beautiful, especially in position 4.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
from a person who has actually gone through this same decision about 5 times myself... I can say with 100% certainty that there will be a situation where you wish you had picked the other option.

Example, i'm running the stock pickups right now, but for my performance of eruption... really wished i had the humbucker in the bridge for the EVH feel. However, anytime i'm playing classic rock/blues... i'm super glad i've got the single coils in... and was frankly unhappy with the classic rock sound i was getting out of the bridge humbucker, as it was far too nasal for rhythm... which is where i wanted the humbucker sound anyways.

So my reccomendation is...
learn to switch the pickups yourself... cause you'll never be able to make up your mind.

and for now... if you're on a single coil sound kick... switch to the single coil....
I have an Am St. Strat. I hated the stock pickups. So I did the same thing you did. Now I long for a guitar with the single coil sound again...heh. I might get a set of nice Texas Specials or something, wire up my old pickguard, and see how it sounds.
Hi, I'm Peter
But see the thing is, with your Fender Blues Deluxe, Tube Screamer, and Vox Wah, especially those three, your guitar with single coils makes your awsome rig complete with an awsome bluesy rock tone.
what are the stock pups?

i have a "hot" strat and a "classic" strat.

i suggest u save up for a used MIM standard, put railed pups in three spots,
keep ur other guitar for a classic sound.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
^^ You sigged me.

BTW - I have an insatiable need to state the obvious.
Hi, I'm Peter
yes i did!

*as do i
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011