mods, would you mind stickying this. dylan has contributed equally as much, if not more than led zeppelin, so i think he deserves stickiness.

so to start it off, what's your favorite type of era? electric (blonde on blonde) early folk (freewheelin, bob dylan debut) or whatever else he's done?

i prefer his electric stuff (at the moment)
it's just so catchy but relaxing. i don't get half his lyrics, but they're great anyways.

also, i'm looking to vastly expand my library of his stuff. i've got

blonde on blonde, freewheelin, biograph, bob dylan,blood on the tracks ,bringing it all back home , highway 61 revisted, live at the gaslight 1962, times they are a changin
time out of mind..

what should i get? preferably stuff from before mid 70s (that was his prime)

is his live stuff any good?

talk about BOB!
Quote by JimmyPageSlash
nice i like how rocker clothes are cheap. im gonna be dressing completely rocker soon

TOOL ALERT
Last edited by freewheelinbird at Jul 10, 2006,
acutally im listening to freewheelin' right now
Quote by GuitarHobbiest
What exactly is a powerchord?

Quote by laid_to_waste
My trouser snake is friendly. If you pet him, he might even do a trick! think I'm going to hell for that one.
Oh hell yeah. Bob Dylan is my favorite musician of all time. I just got a new cd of his, forgot what its called. the bootleg series or something. anyway, it has the first song he ever recorded when he was in high school. He did it just to hear what his voice sounded like, its called "when I got troubles". And its amazing. The whole cd has some incredible unreleased songs, and a lot of live versions of some freewheelin' stuff, which by the way Freewheelin is my favorite. I love the older acoustic folk-ass sht.

My favorite songs of his are: A Hard Rains A-Gonna Fall, Stuck inside of mobile with the memphis blues again, Mr. Tambourine man, The death of emmit till, and blowin' in the wind.
Member #1 of the Mars Volta club. Pm happytimeharry to join
Last edited by ncsurfer at Jul 10, 2006,
Get Live in 1966. It has the best version of Visions of Johanna I've ever heard (acoustic) and the infamous "JUDAS!" before Like a Rolling Stone.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
yeah i happened to catch the end of the dylan doc on pbs, and i saw that scene. then he played a mean version of like a rolling stone.
Quote by JimmyPageSlash
nice i like how rocker clothes are cheap. im gonna be dressing completely rocker soon

TOOL ALERT
Yeah, there was really a ton of energy at that show. I prefer the acoustic disc, but only marginally. Visions of Johanna and Desolation Row really make it for me.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Quote by freewheelinbird
mods, would you mind stickying this. dylan has contributed equally as much, if not more than led zeppelin, so i think he deserves stickiness.

You do realize that...

a. you have no authority to create the 'ONLY *anything*' threads
b. The ONLY Led Zeppelin thread was started as a mod issued poll to figure out what the next band to get an 'ONLY' thread for their discussion would be to clear up spam which has been highly effective if you ask me
c. this will be closed if at all for the fact that you put ONLY in the thread's title.
d. the ONLY threads are not a tribute to the body of work a band has accomplished, and it's purpose is to keep this forum organized
e. there are plenty of 'unofficial' threads designated to bands lying around as well as the only Led Zeppelin thread at the top of the page, such as for Rush, Pink Floyd, AC/DC, The Who etc.

Of course, I don't necessarily mean to sound like a bitch with this post.