I have a cheapo guitar will a RG style body. I want to put a pickguard on it to make it look like a strat. Is it possible?
Why would you do that? Pickgaurds are to cover up pots,etc.. and for mounting pickups in a lot of cases.

You'd have to drill a bunch of holes for screws to mount it..... Sure its possible but youd **** the guitar.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
uh i though pickguards were to guard the guitar from scratches. I dont see them covering pots and mounting pickups on an LP.

As long as you find an RG pickguard that will fit the electronics layout and are able to drill the holes, it'll work.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
^ No, but on a rg, thats their purpose.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Without pickguard.

RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
why did you get one without a pickgaurd in the first place if you wanted a pickgaurd?i think thats pointless to go and drill in and add one..i mean yeah you can do it but why
Go get your shovel.
Make is custom somehow. Fabricate one to fit, and screw it into your guitar's body very carefully. Hell, some liquid nail or silicone expoxy might stick it on there. It'll defentially muff up your origional paintjob though.
Quote by SynGates7X
why did you get one without a pickgaurd in the first place if you wanted a pickgaurd?i think thats pointless to go and drill in and add one..i mean yeah you can do it but why

I used to think they looked gay
A bunch of places make custom pickgaurds. They can get kinda pricey, though. Just check Musician's Friend for an RG pickguard.
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free