my friend has an epiphone les paul custom. it is 2 years old and he has been gigging with it as his main guitar. he said that it doesnt have any big noticeable scratches, just the little ones from playing. everything looks nie on it and the hardware still looks good. he is alo selling a case with it and the guitar is equipped with straplocks. he bought it for 600 new and is selling it for 300 with case. i know this is a great deal but i was wondering what are some things about the lp custom i need to know? like what music styles its better for, how the pickups sound, though ill have plenty of money to change them if i want since im getting this deal. anything else about it i need to know. thanks guys. woah sorry for the long paragraph haha
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
pickups are kinda muddy yet im playin througjh a mg, but maybe replace the tuners. what colr r u gettin, cause alpine white rules!!!
its wine red. ive sena wine red lp before and it was beautiful so i know it looks good. like i said, i can change the pickups if i need to. btw, what would you recommend? i was thinkin like maybe an alcino II in the neck and i dunno bout the bridge. i love that slash neck pickup sound and im pretty sure he uses the alcino II, right?
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I have noticed that the guitar itself is really good, but you won't notice it unless you play with a really nice set-up (amps and such)

I wish i was you right now.
haha i know its so awesome. and id say my setup right now is pretty good so yeah. oh and one more question: how does it compare to the les paul classic. i played the classic at guitar center and i loved it. it gave me a really nice bluesy rock tone and i loved it, so i was wondering/hoping it sounds like it...or better

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
#1. You lucky bastard!

#2. It will work for pretty much any style. The pickups are stock pickups. Of course they won't be great, but they'll do just fine. If you don't like them, swap them out.

#3. It's comparable to the LP Classic. It has better looks, and probably slightly better quality wood. For $300 it's a steal.

Congrats man. You're getting a great guitar at an AMAZING price.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Buy it, buy it now before someone else does. That's a steal, I like the way some of those stock Epi pickups sound. If not, I would suggest getting a Dimarzio Superdistortion in the bridge, that's my favorite pick up. Def buy it. And if you're referring to the Gibson LP Classic, try them both out side by side, or blindfold yourself and have someone hand you each guitar at random and find which one you like better. Sound and playablity wise.

Gear
Gibson Explorer
Epi Les Paul Standard

Amp
B-52 AT-100 Half stack.

well guys my friend came over today, i played the guitar for about 30 minutes, and he left without it. it is so awesome guys. the pickups are a little bit muddy, but i have my bass up high on my amp and i didnt think to turn it down. i was so in awe of the greatness haha. anyway its wine red and has a flame maple top. it is BEAUTIFUL! im so glad i got it. it has been used as my friends main stage guitar for almost 2 years and everything still looks almost perfect. its in almost new condition and for the price, i got a great deal. thanks for all your advice guys. oh and id also like to tell everyone to go to a guitar store right now and buy an epi lp custom because you will thank me and you will never regret it. haha. thanks guys. later

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
wow man it looks really awesome. i might post a pic of my new epi :-D later when i get the pics uploaded

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Wait...you got a CUSTOM PLUS FOR $300?!?!?!?!?!?

Those are $700-$750 on musician's friend. Probably $800+ in guitar shops! You got a GREAT deal.

And yes, please post pics ASAP!

My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
ive been playing it a lot and im loving it. ill post the pics late tonight when i get back home. no time now. oh and real quick, the G string keeps going out of tune after like 1 or 2 bends. i cant make it stay. any advice?

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
new strings
maybe something w/ the nut

Gear
Gibson Explorer
Epi Les Paul Standard

Amp
B-52 AT-100 Half stack.

See if the tuning peg is slightly loose. I've heard that they loosen and don't hold tune as well, but with a quick tighten they work perfectly.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
sorry i never posted pics of the guitar but i just thought about it today and thought id put some up so here they are:

EDIT: wow the first picture went all weird. my face looks all...i dunno...weird lol

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by gibsonbrothers
Do you like my gibson les paul custom?

Thunderbirds FTW.

And I myself am a bit partial to Les Pauls that are wine red.
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
thank you astrochimp. i love them. im putting a jb/jazz combo in the lp and maybe EMGs in the ibanez.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
It's an even better deal if that has the full mahogany body, and no Alder core.
Gear:
Fender Standard Telecaster (Sunburst Finish)
Washburn X-Series Electric (Black Finish)
Ibanez Electric-Acoustic (Black Finish)
Ariana Acoustic

Randall RX120D Halfstack
Quote by gibsonbrothers
Do you like my gibson les paul custom?

Lol, how did you spend on all that gear?