There isn't much that's good for under $200 bro. In the guitar world you get what you pay for.

2001 Fender MIM Stratocaster
1987 Fender F-210 Acoustic
Partscaster (in progress)

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

Follow me on Twitter!
Shut up, I think I know my fucking gear. Did I ask if there was much good under 200? NO.

I ASKED WHAT IS GOOD UNDER 200. NOW STOP BEING COMPLETELY USELESS.
The guitar I have was about $225, it should be less now. Ibanez GSA60. It has a humbucker, tremolo.
Washburn WI14. Best guitar under $300 I've ever played.

Edit: And it's only $150.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Calm Down and SHUT YOUR ****** MOUTH!

ANyways, what you can afford my friend is a cheapo Chinese Guitar.

try www.stellarguitars.com or www.starsunmusic.com These 2 are the same companies under difference names. Stellar in USA, StarSUn in CHina. Best chinese guitar company. great for teh price. Built to last long. I got mine for $180 and it's my main guitar
Quote by hckfrk38
Calm Down and SHUT YOUR ****** MOUTH!

ANyways, what you can afford my friend is a cheapo Chinese Guitar.

try www.stellarguitars.com or www.starsunmusic.com These 2 are the same companies under difference names. Stellar in USA, StarSUn in CHina. Best chinese guitar company. great for teh price. Built to last long. I got mine for $180 and it's my main guitar

I'm really liking that flying V, do you know anywhere that sells them online, or in canada?
guys...look at the sign...i think it says whats best over 200..that must be a typo though, cause i dont know why anyone would ask that
Go get your shovel.
Quote by hckfrk38
^There was one guy, but he doesn;t really update his eBay stock, just search eBay for Starsun or Stellar guitars, I've found a few

EDIT: FOUND IT! http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Stellar-Flying-V-Electric-Guitar-MORE-vee-MUST-SEE_W0QQitemZ230006625566QQihZ013QQcategoryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Yeah, only ships to the US.

Edit: i may be able to e-mail him and discuss a deal.
thanks for the link.
^ yeah, i just noticed that, i was about to edit my post. would you think its worth it, you own one after all.

Sorry about all the questions, and Semi-hijacking the thread.
lol, well, be ready to do alot of setting up and replacing parts. In the end it's life getting your own custom guitar cause you're gonna replace everything and just keep the body and the neck. That's what I'm doing. The guitar is built strong, but the hardware is crap. It's gonna cost me around $700 to make it perfect the way I want it. CUSTOM!

EDIT: I have a floyd and locking nut though, you won't have any screw problems (that's all have) so it's well worth it! GO FOR IT! Return if you don't like. aAnd you always have warranty.
Sweet, I'm probably going to replace the tuners and pickups as soon as i get it anyway, (gotta try 'em out first)

Thanks for all the help.
dirtyboots, before you freak the **** out at people, get your symbols right.

Technically, according to the thread title, you asked for the best OVER 200.

EDIT: And some ax7 fan beat me to it. Hmph.
You know the bitter comes out better on a stolen guitar
You're the BLESSED, we're the Spiders from Mars!

Member 3 of the "Mick Ronson Is an extremely Awesome Guitar Player" Fanclub. PM ThePurpleRabbit to join.
Quote by FadingRoots
dirtyboots, before you freak the **** out at people, get your symbols right.

Technically, according to the thread title, you asked for the best OVER 200.

EDIT: And some ax7 fan beat me to it. Hmph.

are you ****ing kidding me? criticized over a typo? Technically, that makes you a ****ing douche bag.

Thanks to all for suggestions, i've been looking at rondo. I like the ones with floyd roses(i'm a modest mouse fan, and yes, i already have a nice guitar, but I want a modest mouse guitar). But, they probably suck total ass...

anyway, since these floyds PROBABLY suck as much as smacktards who point out typos, can they be set up to where it's stable, at least?
Quote by dirtyboots
are you ****ing kidding me? criticized over a typo? Technically, that makes you a ****ing douche bag.

Thanks to all for suggestions, i've been looking at rondo. I like the ones with floyd roses(i'm a modest mouse fan, and yes, i already have a nice guitar, but I want a modest mouse guitar). But, they probably suck total ass...

anyway, since these floyds PROBABLY suck as much as smacktards who point out typos, can they be set up to where it's stable, at least?

dude you took that way too seriously, he wasnt criticizing he was just pointing it out. now take a deep breath.
Go get your shovel.
Oh don't worry, I didn't take it seriously at all. That's why i'm being a dick. thanks for contributing to the thread BTW!

how are the low end kramers?
most epiphones under 200 aren't a solid wood...that's a pretty big factor in the decision...
The one's at Rondo's music are not "total suck ass" guitars. They are solid well made guitars, and those trems don't suck either. They are great guitars for the money. So instead of dismissing someones post who are trying to help you and you being a complete dick about it, do some research first and find out what the **** you're talking about.

Gear
Gibson Explorer
Epi Les Paul Standard

Amp
B-52 AT-100 Half stack.

Quote by pullmeunder
The one's at Rondo's music are not "total suck ass" guitars. They are solid well made guitars, and those trems don't suck either. They are great guitars for the money. So instead of dismissing someones post who are trying to help you and you being a complete dick about it, do some research first and find out what the **** you're talking about.

what the **** are you talking about? I wasn't being a dick, they are cheap guitars and could very well suck. I don't want a floyd that goes out of tune. and if it does I want to fix it? how is that assholery? seriously...shut up. Contribute to the thread, or just get out...

edit- since you're a pro at the folks over in jersey, how do those sx guitars play, homie? the main attraction is the solid wood...but I want to know how they feel, i'm expecting i'm going to have to set it up...thats a fun couple of hours in my book, but why don't you fill me in on how they play stock?
How do you expect people to help you when you go off on them for trying to give you a guitar that's well made for under 200 bucks. What the guy in the first post said, you get what you pay for most of the time. Agile guitars do not suck, I've owned one and it was amazing, I'd put it up next to any Gibson as far as playability goes. If you have a trem that's a locking trem, the chances of it going out of tune are very high unless you rape the whammy bar. If you don't like the suggestions people are giving you, go to guitar center and try out all the guitars under 200, dickface.

Gear
Gibson Explorer
Epi Les Paul Standard

Amp
B-52 AT-100 Half stack.

Quote by pullmeunder
How do you expect people to help you when you go off on them for trying to give you a guitar that's well made for under 200 bucks. What the guy in the first post said, you get what you pay for most of the time. Agile guitars do not suck, I've owned one and it was amazing, I'd put it up next to any Gibson as far as playability goes. If you have a trem that's a locking trem, the chances of it going out of tune are very high unless you rape the whammy bar. If you don't like the suggestions people are giving you, go to guitar center and try out all the guitars under 200, dickface.

I'm sorry...I didn't know I dug so deep.....

everyone...I AM AN OCTOPUS

and....I'm speaking of SX guitars, not agile...I don't even know if they are made in the same factory...could you enlighten me on that? and.....also, locking trems can very much go out of tune...I suppose you probably haven't used a cheap floyd...
Why does it not surprise me that a modest mouse fan has a temper control problem? O_o

SX guitars usually suck and need everything replaced to be a decent guitar. They aren't made by Agile.

And, for the record, no matter what kind of trem you get on a $200 guitar, there is a 99.99% chance it will suck and need replacing.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by dirtyboots
I'm sorry...I didn't know I dug so deep.....

everyone...I AM AN OCTOPUS

and....I'm speaking of SX guitars, not agile...I don't even know if they are made in the same factory...could you enlighten me on that? and.....also, locking trems can very much go out of tune...I suppose you probably haven't used a cheap floyd...

I don't understand the first part of your post so I'm just going to ignore it.

Yes, the SX guitars suck, and I have used a cheap Liscened Floyd and it wasnt that bad. But a guitar like this one, http://www.rondomusic.net/al2500blkfloydrose.html granted it is about 80 bucks more than 200, is a great guitar. Pickups leave something to be desired but none the less, it's a good guitar.

Gear
Gibson Explorer
Epi Les Paul Standard

Amp
B-52 AT-100 Half stack.

I dunno, pauls aren't really my fancy....i'm looking more for a jackson type guitar...you know? since we've got some suggestions I figure we can narrow this down now
So a jackson-esq guitar that isn't a paul? hmmm I think you might have to up your price range a bit, you aren't going to find much for 200 that has a floyd rose type trem, and a jackson style body. unless you want something made out of agathis.

Gear
Gibson Explorer
Epi Les Paul Standard

Amp
B-52 AT-100 Half stack.

jackson has one made out of alder without a floyd....theres the SX with the floyd, Kramers for around 200 that are made out of alder...so I have a few options, but I'm looking for a few more, still.