Poll: which geetar?
Poll Options
View poll results: which geetar?
006 black-jack
4 25%
c-1 artists limited
12 75%
Voters: 16.
Ok so im saving up for a new guitar, and these are the two top contenders so far. They both have the same hardware to my knowlege (except i have this suspition that on the c-1 artists they might actually be duncan designed p/u's in disguise). And the neck is set in rather than neck thru on the 006, if that makes any difference? the c-1 costs a little less and looks a little better in my opinion. The 006 is about 50 bucks more but looks more solid and ruggedly constructed wich is definately important to me and matches me a little better. So what do you guys think?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-006-Blackjack-Electric-Guitar-?sku=513081

or...

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C1-Artist-Limited-Edition-Electric-Guitar?sku=518187

Edit: oh yeah and the c-1 comes with some sort of crazy computer recording soft-ware er somthing like that. which is cool but makes me a little skeptical. kinda gimmicky you know.
Last edited by fu man chu at Jul 11, 2006,
the pickups are real seymours dont worry. but the necks on both guitars are set. all in all id get the C-1. its cheaper and i love the binding and inlays
Go get your shovel.
the 006 has a lighter body and awesome feel and the body finish is amazing. my friend got a 006 and it's been great...if u can tho, try to find the old models where it's dual humbucking, instead of the S-H combination (just yeah in my opinion i prefer that type of sound over the neck single coil cuz it's a bit more mellow)

EDIT: oooh and yeah, the guitar i was playing on was a 006 elite, but it's pretty much the same thing just color...but the black jack has a beautiful color (and i love black...my ibanez is black and everything else is black ahaha)
My Gear:

82 Gibson Explorer
Ibanez '03 JEM7VWH

Greg Byers '01 Classical (Euro Spruce bent top)
Darren Hippner 8 String Classical (Engelmann Spruce)
Alhambra 4P
Taylor 614ce
Framus Texan se. # 5/196

Diezel Herbert 2007
Mesa Recto 2x12
the 006 has a lighter body and awesome feel and the body finish is amazing. my friend got a 006 and it's been great...if u can tho, try to find the old models where it's dual humbucking, instead of the S-H combination (just yeah in my opinion i prefer that type of sound over the neck single coil cuz it's a bit more mellow)

EDIT: oooh and yeah, the guitar i was playing on was a 006 elite, but it's pretty much the same thing just color...but the black jack has a beautiful color (and i love black...my ibanez is black and everything else is black ahaha)

There both jb/59 humbucker sets, with 5 way selector swich. So it's not really single coil there just coil tapped.
Quote by fu man chu
There both jb/59 humbucker sets, with 5 way selector swich. So it's not really single coil there just coil tapped.

if u read...u would see that i said 006 elite...

http://schecterguitars.com/spec.asp?id=57

^if u read there, u will notice there's only a 3 way switch. Older models (like my friend's 006 elite) had a 5 way like the blackjack does now. and yes there is a single coil there.
My Gear:

82 Gibson Explorer
Ibanez '03 JEM7VWH

Alhambra 4P
Taylor 614ce
Framus Texan se. # 5/196

Diezel Herbert 2007
Mesa Recto 2x12
Oh sorry man, it was just misleading because you were saying look for one with bucker in the neck, if you could find it. So i wasent shure where you were going with that one. Yeah i think im leaning towards the 006
Quote by fu man chu
Oh sorry man, it was just misleading because you were saying look for one with bucker in the neck, if you could find it. So i wasent shure where you were going with that one. Yeah i think im leaning towards the 006

yeah no worries but yeah totally agree on the 006. higher quality guitar = more bang for the buck :-)
My Gear:

82 Gibson Explorer
Ibanez '03 JEM7VWH

Alhambra 4P
Taylor 614ce
Framus Texan se. # 5/196

Diezel Herbert 2007
Mesa Recto 2x12